Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Couple of concerning issues with my 06 GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 10:34 PM
squeek12

Default Couple of concerning issues with my 06 GT

Hi all,

I'm about as non-mechanically inclined as they come, and I'm having a couple of issues with my pretty new 06 GT. The first and less concerning issue happens right after I fill the car up with gas. My car seems to almost stall immediately after I crank it up after filling up. It turns over easily then almost dies. It's done this since I bought it in August. It's never actually stalled, but it seems like it's about to. It's a manual FWIW.

The second, more troubling problems comes when I'm accelerating. this happens very infrequently, maybe once per 1K miles. It's happened to me in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear. When I've got my foot completely off the clutch, every once in a while I get a sudden jerk, as if I've completely taken my foot of the gas. The jerk only happens for a fraction of a second and then it catches. It feels like the gas flow has been completely cut off for a moment. I haven't had time to bring it in yet, should I? Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
Old 12-11-2006, 10:41 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Couple of concerning issues with my 06 GT

Repost your problem, in a way that most ppl can understand. WTF is happening to you? (Is beyond me) You say.... once in a thousand miles ?
Do You Have 18K,,, on the "BEAST" ?????
We realize you are not a mechanic, or,....... coherent.
None the less we will try to help you, and WELCOME
Old 12-11-2006, 10:48 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

LOL..... I think he is describing the fuel delivery issue after a long cruise, maybe. If so, yea, take it to the dealer. There is a TSB on the problem. They will replace the fuel pump.

Welcome!
Old 12-11-2006, 10:52 PM
adj86
2nd Gear Member

Does it the jerk happen after you have been driving for awhile? It kinda sounds like it might be the fuel pump, there is a TSB about it. After long drives something happens with the fuel pump and only vapor goes through it, and it causes the engine to momentarily stall, and then fuel flows through it again. That could be your both problems, right after filling up and the jerk problem, but i am not for sure. Thats all i know, but good luck.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:00 PM
squeek12

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

Repost your problem, in a way that most ppl can understand wtf you are experiencing, is beyond me, once in a thouand miles ?
WHATYA got 18K on the "BEAST"
We realize you are not a mechanic, or,....... coherent.
None the less we will try to help you, and WELCOME

I know I did a poor job trying to explain the experience. Let's try simplifying it. When I'm accelerating (only time I've notice it), every once in a while, it feels as if I just suddenly took my foot completely off the gas, then put it back on. The resulting "jerk" lasts only a fraction of a second.

What is a TSB? I do go on long drives quite often. Would the problem when starting it up after putting gas in the car be related? Oh, and I have just under 11K miles on it already. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:00 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

I guess I don't understand the problem with this guy's post. It sounds like, with the exception of a few details possibly missing, the hesitation/fuel pump TSB. I'm not sure about the startup problem after fuelup, though.

LegallyTorchRED, what is your deal? You are always giving people a hard time. Get over yourself. You talk about not being coherent, and yet your post does not have one single correctly constructed sentence in it. Give the guy a break.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Sounds like the fuel pump TSB to me.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:07 PM
motoxdirtrider84
2nd Gear Member

LegallyTorchRED, what is your deal? You are always giving people a hard time. Get over yourself. You talk about not being coherent, and yet your post does not have one single correctly constructed sentence in it. Give the guy a break.

+1

you do give alot of people sh*t on here, stop trying to be such an internet bad-***.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:13 PM
squeek12

ORIGINAL: Wally39

Sounds like the fuel pump TSB to me.

I'll call the dealer tomorrow and let them know that I'm bringing it in for this reason. I feel better now that I know what the problem probably is. Oh, and I ordered some SLP LMs this morning, mostly due to recommendations from people here and at mustangexhaust.com. From what I hear, not even I can screw up the install on these.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:22 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Whatever.................................... The "purpose" of a FORUM, is to allow everyone to speak their opinion. Right or wrong, anyone can speak their opinion.
Maybe, the habits I've learned from the "OFF TOPIC FORUM", have carried over to this forum, as, anything "goes" there.
Today, a guy posted a sig with the F*** word, and the last I saw, it was still there.

Quick Reply: Couple of concerning issues with my 06 GT