Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What do i need now

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Kronik

Default What do i need now

I just put my order in for the saleen supercharger and wanted to know what else should i get to complment the S/C. I mean what kind of gears would be best for the saleen and also should i get LCA's and is there anything else i should look at . some suggestions would be greatly appricated
Old 12-12-2006, 12:01 PM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What do i need now

I don't think you'd go wrong with LCA's. I know many people would suggest lt headers to open up the other end. I'd probably stick with the blower for now and when you get the itch again, scratch it.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Haulupki
1st Gear Member

What will this car be used for ? After S/C you won't be needing gears. In fact traction may be worse with taller gears. If you are gonna go with higher boost levels another fuel pump set-up should be your next concern.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Kronik

Its mainly going to be a daily driver and a couple of trips to the track im only looking at hitting between 400hp and 420hp at the wheel.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:52 PM
Haulupki
1st Gear Member

Thats how it all starts............400-420 hp only lol . Hide your wallet now! but if you stay at those levels then a dyno tune should the only thing that I would say is mandatory. The Saleen tune pinged on the top end for most of the people that got it. If I had to do it all again I would not have even sent my computer to them. That way if you ever want to take off the blower and go N/A again you can put the stock ford tune back in. But if you send it to get reflashed by Saleen your stock tune is gone forever.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:55 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

Kronik, you may want to look into long tube headers. Since you're stuffing more pressure into the intake side of the motor, getting it out on the exhaust side is even more important. I'm researching long tubes myself right now and will probably add a blower later so I have been paying close attention to the tubing diameter of the headers. So far all of the headers I've looked at except one use 1 5/8" primary tubes. Dynatech is the one exeption that I've found that uses 1 3/4" primaries and are very well built. You may want to consider these headers to compliment your SC setup.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:17 AM
Kronik

I have a question on fuel injectors does it matter if get 42# instead of 39# injectors
Old 12-13-2006, 07:23 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

redo your entire suspension. make the car a lot more fun.