MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   Got My Bassani Race AB Installed (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/218230-got-my-bassani-race-ab-installed.html)

Cyberwolf1986 12-14-2006 05:36 PM

Got My Bassani Race AB Installed

For all you that want the Bassani Race AB, Its Amazing qulity and sound. So i take it to go get installed and theres a problem. The right wasnt able to squeeze in to the hanger and the bumper. So the guy at the shope makes custom hangers and cuts some of the stock exhaust pipe off so it can fit. After we got them installed they were great, but i didnt notice till i got home how unaligned the tips were. I was also driving today and they sound super loud, like it sounds like the pipes are off the headers. I didnt have time to go under the car, but i also see im throwing a code say Signale Stuck Bank one Lean i thing its p2207 or something. Do any of you guys know whats goin on, imma take it back tonite after work hopefully their not closed. thanx alot guys

Apoptosis 12-14-2006 06:15 PM

RE: Got My Bassani Race AB Installed

I would take the car back to the dealer whenever you get a chance and ask him to take a look.

blackout 12-14-2006 08:17 PM

First off were you there during the install? If you were sure the hanger wouldn't go through the rubber bushing you should've called Bassani directly to find out what's up. Anyway if you were there why was it unable to fit, I don't see how there could've really been a mistake. They should've fit the hangers through the rubber bushing and it should've attached right to the end of the connecting pipe with the clamp. If not he should've shaved some of the hanger off so it would move forward more. As for the pipes not being aligned they just need to change the angle.

Give a little more info, because you should've called Bassani before cutting anything IMO. With axlebacks, i'm not sure what code would be thrown and i'm not familar with the one you presented.

-Jeff

nycstang37 12-14-2006 11:42 PM

i have the bassani race cans, your right about tbe sound and quality. i installed mine myself, but i had no problems getting them installed, the drivers side tip was alittle misaligned, but i just had to loosen the clamp at the midpipe and now its perfect. i would definately go back and make the place that installed them order you some new oem hangers.

STL 06GT 12-15-2006 06:39 PM

I also have the race Bassani axle back. Did not have any problems with the install. If you think they sound good now, you should hear them with long tube headers.

You need to take it back to the place that installed it.

nycstang37 12-15-2006 09:29 PM

stl 06gt, got any sound clups with the headers? would love to hear what mine will sound like, lol

STL 06GT 12-15-2006 11:14 PM

ORIGINAL: nycstang37

stl 06gt, got any sound clups with the headers? would love to hear what mine will sound like, lol

nycstang37,
I will try to get some sound clips this weekend.

nycstang37 12-16-2006 01:36 PM

thanks, i would love to hear that setup