Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

F.A.S.T intake manifold for s197 stang

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Default RE: F.A.S.T intake manifold for s197 stang

It looks like the intake might also get rid of the CMCV's? Anybody know?
Old 12-29-2006, 03:24 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Simon1

It looks like the intake might also get rid of the CMCV's? Anybody know?

Hi Simon1,

Yes, the FAST intake manifold eliminates the CMCP plates, this is where8-12RWHP of the FAST manifold comes from. This is why I think at BEST the FAST intake manifold isgoing to be no more than 10RWHP if you already haveCMCV delete plates from Ford, Steeda or PHP. But if you DON't already have CMCV delets plates who knows, maybe 15-20RWHP?

HTH

Old 12-29-2006, 05:30 PM
06SSGT
1st Gear Member

So if you've done the deletes then there's no real reason to do the intake.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:50 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

^ I wouldnt go that far... I guess we'll have to wait for the tests to be done and we'll see what type of gains it gives. It will probably get more gains for those without the CMCV delete, but now all we have is speculation until they hit the testing floor.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:15 AM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jay0heavenly

^ I wouldnt go that far... I guess we'll have to wait for the tests to be done and we'll see what type of gains it gives. It will probably get more gains for those without the CMCV delete, but now all we have is speculation until they hit the testing floor.

Hi jay0heavenly,

So what are you speculating the RWHP is going to be for a car with all the bolt-ons?

I'd bet that even for a stone stock GT (untuned), there is not even 25RWHP difference, maybe 20RWHP at best. I'm perfectly happy to post thisbecauseas far as I can tell the stockmanifold N/A across the rev range is already pretty darned good. Once youport your heads and install hot cams and diddle withthe tune tomax out the VVT timing for the cams you maysee a need for a better intake manifold. But I doubt itwill significantlyout perform the stock manifold from 2,000-6,500RPM in terms of area under the curve with out major engine work causing a need for a better flowing manifold and extened RPM breathing.

Cheers

Old 12-30-2006, 03:50 AM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: F1Fan

ORIGINAL: jay0heavenly

Hi jay0heavenly,

So what are you speculating the RWHP is going to be for a car with all the bolt-ons?

I'd bet that even for a stone stock GT (untuned), there is not even 25RWHP difference, maybe 20RWHP at best. I'm perfectly happy to post thisbecauseas far as I can tell the stockmanifold N/A across the rev range is already pretty darned good. Once youport your heads and install hot cams and diddle withthe tune tomax out the VVT timing for the cams you maysee a need for a better intake manifold. But I doubt itwill significantlyout perform the stock manifold from 2,000-6,500RPM in terms of area under the curve with out major engine work causing a need for a better flowing manifold and extened RPM breathing.

Cheers

Hey F1Fan, let me be the first to say that I don't even pretend to be the know it all so you definitely have a better grab on the technical stuff than I do[8D]. I'm a lawyer andI'm relatively new to the whole modding thing so trust me I'm not gonna even pretend. My thing is I don'tknow and a lot of people have been speculating with different opinions, so I wanna wait to see what the real #'s are. I'm a hp junkie and I'm hoping (perhaps against reality) that this thing will get me 20hpWITH my CAI... Don't kill my dream!! lol...[8D]
Old 12-31-2006, 02:03 PM
LBJay
1st Gear Member

I read on another forum that FAST dynoed the new manifold and only achieved 22HP (40 projected). No idea if that was peak or how much gain/loss they had over the RPM range.

Some builders also speculated that a 40 HP gain from just a manifoldwas very unlikely ona stock3V because the stock one ispetty good as it is,more soif you've removed the CMCV plates.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:42 PM
SCS06GT
1st Gear Member

Has anyone heard any updates on this intake manifold? It's been over two months!!
Old 02-09-2007, 05:52 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

I was just about to start another thread about this...lol. They said in the beginning of 07.... I'm waiting.!!!
Old 02-09-2007, 06:04 PM
dborne
1st Gear Member

yea it's time to find out, it's certainly caught my attention

Quick Reply: F.A.S.T intake manifold for s197 stang