Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone buy their GT below invoice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 01:45 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone buy their GT below invoice?

YOU DO NOT NEED A STUB FOR THE X-PLAN..
The x plan is for friends & family, when they get the pin for you they enter your info (including SS number) the dealer will ask you for the pin and sometimes will ask you to verify the info that was used to register for the pin. This info is the address and SS number as well as name you gave to the person that got the pin for you.

You don't have to work for anyone to use the X plan pin, the person that gets it for you does. If the dealer won't let you use the X-plan pin then go to another dealer. Just call them up on the phone and most will help you out. And if you are looking to order it they really should be willing to work with you as it cost them nothing, and ford gives the dealer a set amount for selling the car. So its a win win for them.

I actually thought I was going to have a hard time buying a GT/CS off the lot with the pin as the CS's had just started to show up on dealer lots and one dealer I knew was trying to get MSRP for them. But I just walked into a local dealer that I saw online had what I was looking for and told the sales lady I had an X plan pin that I wanted to use. She asked me what I was looking for and we walked the lot.

30 minutes later we were sitting down and she was pulling up the price with X plan pin. I drove the car off the lot for the day to test it out and signed the papers the next day for it.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:59 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Cool, Well I guess I will just call up some other dlrs and see if I can use the xplan pin without the pay stub..Should I tell them, like im a family member of someone that works for ford? maybe that would satisfy their annoying curiousity.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:55 PM
jharcharik

Another negotiating tool is CONSUMER REPORTS Bottom Line Price List (www.consumerreports.org). I think it costs $10 and shows you all Stangs with Invoice and MSRP including Dealer Holdback. I special ordered my 06 Vert GT back in April with a delivery in early June. MSRP was $31,500.Negotiated a priceof $29,500. That's the deal I got when I picked it up in June so they did stay true to the offer in April when I ordered it.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:40 PM
kk7sm

I got a price from one dealership at $1 over invoice, then found another that claims they beat anyone else's price, so I called them and they sold at $100 below invoice. And I wound up with a great car!