Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Camber Plates??

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 05:23 PM
dkegel
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Camber Plates??

Thanks. That makes sense and is good to know. I have a long history with the Taurus SHO and still own a pretty heavily modifed '90 that's mostly a track toy. Being FWD, it's very touchy regarding toe, so I really don't have this option with that car.

Dave
Old 01-01-2007, 10:01 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

I just had camber/caster plates put on my car. They are from a company called K-Mac. They are out of Australia. My sponsor sells them. Check WildPonyMotorsports.com

Hi RodeoFlyer,

I just looked up theK-Mac website but it appears to benon-existant. Can you give us a good URL to have a look at their stuff?

TIA
Old 01-01-2007, 10:32 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dkegel

Thanks. That makes sense and is good to know. I have a long history with the Taurus SHO and still own a pretty heavily modifed '90 that's mostly a track toy. Being FWD, it's very touchy regarding toe, so I really don't have this option with that car.

Dave

Hi Dave,

We almost bought an SHO many years ago. But I thought that the torque steer issues were too scary to have to deal with even when stock but a lot of people have managed to make the car work even when making good power. I always like the SHOs but when my brother boughtone of the appliance versions of the Tarausand had so many problems it made me go back to VW. I liked the SHO given the other cars available at the time but fell back to my old favorite underdog VW.

I bought a new Corrado instead and that was a great little car once we (Neuspeed/APS),developed the suspension with race springs, BilsteinFIA spec road racestruts and dampers, adjustable anti-roll bars, bushings, front and rearstressbars, big brakes w/ducts, supercharger pulley (ooh, 1.4BAR),and reprogramed the ECU, heads, special blower cam profile and springs, long tube headersand high-flow exhaust system. I killed a then new Porsche 944 Turbo S on the way to Vegas for Comdex and he could not believe that I could pull pasthim at over 155MPH. We later stopped and talked at a gas station and I showed him thecheap VW 4-bangerthat had just beatenhis very expensive Porsche 4-banger. He was cool and thinking that he needed to findmore power so I sent him to my friend Pete atRedline in Santa Monica for advice and a place to spend more money. Pete had build a couple of very good 911 engines for me and he was one of the best in L.A. at the time.

Anywho GTG.

Cheers

Old 01-01-2007, 11:09 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

their site is screwy right now for some reason. I get my car back tomorrow and would post pics, but you can only see the adjustment marks. They are unique in that they sit UNDER the top of the strut tower. I'll ask Vicky at the shop tommorow. I know she said she's pretty much their only supplier out here.