Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Camber Plates??

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 12:39 AM
jayel579
2nd Gear Member

Default Camber Plates??

Hey guys, new to the forum here. I been on here reading and alot of you gave me some great ideas on a suspension setup for my car, specifically CrazyAl if youre out there. My brother races his car often between road course and moto cross events, and I am looking to be able to do the same with my car. Now with all that said, I have read a couple threads on camber bolts available for the car but does anyone know if camber plates are available? I have been searching around and havent been able to find them. Any help would be great.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:04 AM
TexasGT3

Default RE: Camber Plates??

This is also a question of mine!
Old 12-24-2006, 04:38 AM
redfiregt2006
1st Gear Member

i do know camber plates are available, but the bad news is i dont remember the store. i do remember reading that they are not easy to install in 05+ mustangs. at least not as easy as camber bolts.
the only thing i can advise you is to keep searching, because i've seen 'em.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:32 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

The ground control kit I'm going with has them as part of a full kit. Coil over setup with adjustable koni's and cc plates. I think they only work with their setup. Its $$$$ at $1600 plus shipping
Old 12-24-2006, 07:02 AM
likemike99
2nd Gear Member

the only ones i've seen are the individual bolts, and the lower plates from steeda and gms.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:16 PM
PonyGT2005
2nd Gear Member

I've got the Steeda camber plates and they make tweaking the camber at the track (or back to street) very easy. You can get them directly from Steeda or other places...I know Brenspeed has some Steeda suspension parts but not sure about the camber plates.
If you go with the plates you will need to modify your front struts to put them in.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:45 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jayel579

Hey guys, new to the forum here. I been on here reading and alot of you gave me some great ideas on a suspension setup for my car, specifically CrazyAl if youre out there. My brother races his car often between road course and moto cross events, and I am looking to be able to do the same with my car. Now with all that said, I have read a couple threads on camber bolts available for the car but does anyone know if camber plates are available? I have been searching around and havent been able to find them. Any help would be great.

Hi jayel,

What's moto cross?

Steeda makes a replacement strut bearing that allows you up to 1 degree of camber change. This new part has a high quality bearing that allows much better precision and feel in the steering but adds no additional noise or vibration. It's not a cheap part but what I suggest is that you install a pair of camber bolts from Eibach or SPC and a pair of these Steedastrut bearing/camber plates on top. Set your camber to 3/4 to 1degrees negative camber with the strut top camber set to full positive. Then when you get to the track set the upper camber plate to full negative and you will be set for the road course with up to 2 degrees negative camber. Depending on how much negative camber you need1 1/2 -2 degrees could be enough range. The only problem is tire wear when you getmuch past 3/4 degrees negative camber.

HTH

Old 12-24-2006, 06:30 PM
jayel579
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: F1Fan

What's moto cross?
Sorry, I meant auto cross. Can you tell Ive got bikes on the mind too. The ease of being able to adjust the camber settings at the track would be great, thats why I would want to have the camber plates. I could just score off the spots on the plates for race setup and street setup.

PonyGT2005, What kind of mods will I have to do to the struts for the plates?
Old 12-24-2006, 09:53 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PonyGT2005

I've got the Steeda camber plates and they make tweaking the camber at the track (or back to street) very easy. You can get them directly from Steeda or other places...I know Brenspeed has some Steeda suspension parts but not sure about the camber plates.
If you go with the plates you will need to modify your front struts to put them in.

Hi PonyGT2005,

AFAIK therecentlyreleasedSteedastreet strut bearing/camber platesare the only strut tower camber plates available for use with theoriginal S197style strut bearings. There are some propriatary camber plate systems butbeing propriatary systemsyou cannot use any of thegood aftermarketOE style strut components like Tokico D-Specs or Bilstien struts.

HTH

Old 12-24-2006, 09:56 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jayel579

ORIGINAL: F1Fan

What's moto cross?
Sorry, I meant auto cross. Can you tell Ive got bikes on the mind too. The ease of being able to adjust the camber settings at the track would be great, thats why I would want to have the camber plates. I could just score off the spots on the plates for race setup and street setup.

PonyGT2005, What kind of mods will I have to do to the struts for the plates?

Hi jayel,

The new Steedastreet strut bearing/camber plates allow youup to 2 degrees of camber adjustment at the top o the strut towers. This is to say +/- 1 degree but if youset the strut bearing/camber plates to the maximum positive position before doing the front end alignment you will gain upto 2 degrees negative camber adjustment with a spin of the socket wrench. The beauty of this isthat you can simply adjust the camber and mark the location on the plates and you canget reliable, repeatable camber settingsat the track. Spiffy part for the weekend racers!

HTH

Quick Reply: Camber Plates??