Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

real cheap intake and tune, is that good?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 08:16 PM
slySTANGguy
2nd Gear Member

Default real cheap intake and tune, is that good?

Hi, I just got an 07 Mustang and i am looking to put on all the bolt-ons. I was really interested in alot of those packages they have out there. Well on some of the vendors advertised on this website i see CAI and tune for about 680$. But i also found at rpmoutlet.com that you can get 3 pullies, C&L CAI, and SCT Tuner for 600, and they are saying up to 44rwhp. Is motoblue a good set of pullies, and should i worry about anything with buying the cheaper set?

Also, why is it better to go with a 95mm maf as opposed to an 85 mm. Does it make a difference. Thanks alot

I am open to all new opinions and ideas, thanks.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Default RE: real cheap intake and tune, is that good?

ORIGINAL: slySTANGguy

Hi, I just got an 07 Mustang and i am looking to put on all the bolt-ons. I was really interested in alot of those packages they have out there. Well on some of the vendors advertised on this website i see CAI and tune for about 680$. But i also found at rpmoutlet.com that you can get 3 pullies, C&L CAI, and SCT Tuner for 600, and they are saying up to 44rwhp. Is motoblue a good set of pullies, and should i worry about anything with buying the cheaper set?

Also, why is it better to go with a 95mm maf as opposed to an 85 mm. Does it make a difference. Thanks alot

I am open to all new opinions and ideas, thanks.
I have heard a lot of Horror stories from people concerning RPMoutlet.com. I try and stay clear of them but damn that is a great deal!
As far as I know, most of the U/D pullies are the same, just made with different companies boxes. Do you mean a bigger inlet elbow? A bigger inlet elbow wont do much for a mostly stock engine, but when you end up slapping CAMS, heads, etc, it helps get a few more ponies because it has more air readily available for the engine. 44 RWHP is a stretch though, CAI+ Tune is worth about ~25 RWHP, and U/D pullies are good for about 10 RWHP. I would guess around 30-35 RWHP from the whole thing.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:19 PM
TexStang06
2nd Gear Member

+1....i've heard horror stories about rpmoutlet, and will not buy from them...buy from one of the more popular vendors on here....such as brenspeed or somethin.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:21 PM
slySTANGguy
2nd Gear Member

thanks alot...i like brenspeed too. What kind of horror stories are you talking about. Are the parts a rip off?
Old 12-25-2006, 10:22 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I've purchased a few things from them and they have pretty fast shipping and decent customer service. There have been a few problem with returns but that has been on used items that have been put on the vehicle.

I think you should be fine placing a order through them.

-Jeff
Old 12-25-2006, 10:26 PM
TexStang06
2nd Gear Member

like i said, i've heard horror stories, but have never dealed with them, but just from some of the things memebers have said about them, i wont buy from them, just me....plus brenspeed's customer service and everything has me sold on them.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:09 AM
GTJUNKIE
2nd Gear Member

+ 1 on the customer service from brenspeed. I have ordered all my modds from them and any time I have had a question they where eager to help in any way. Plus the prices are good to0.
ORIGINAL: TexStang06

like i said, i've heard horror stories, but have never dealed with them, but just from some of the things memebers have said about them, i wont buy from them, just me....plus brenspeed's customer service and everything has me sold on them.