Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

WHAT TO DO NEXT FOR 400 RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 09:52 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: WHAT TO DO NEXT FOR 400 RWHP

Why don't you tell that to the Al P who has the fastest N/A Mod motor. Go tell him he should have put a S/C on it..
Its OK that you have S/C envy... I don't. I will be going FI (Twin Turbo) with a built engine down the road after the car has everything else done (Suspension, Upgraded Tranny, Rear end, etc).
Old 12-28-2006, 11:20 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Sure, it's POSSIBLE to build a big HP N/A motor, but it is extremely expensive. And Al P's engine is a heck of lot bigger than 4.6 L. Doing that in our cars would be even crazier:hand-fabricated exhaust, etc.

I am in complete agreement that it is cheaper to add FI than it is to keep it N/A if your HP goal is 400 or more.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:41 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: vsop

Why don't you tell that to the Al P who has the fastest N/A Mod motor. Go tell him he should have put a S/C on it..
Its OK that you have S/C envy... I don't. I will be going FI (Twin Turbo) with a built engine down the road after the car has everything else done (Suspension, Upgraded Tranny, Rear end, etc).
I don't have S/C envy, I'm just stating the fact that if all you want is big numbers than it is stupid to spend way more money to get big numbers N/A, than it is to spend much less and just get an S/C. And I don't see why you would build up the stock block now because it will never handle a TT set-up.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: mustangman2424

I don't have S/C envy, I'm just stating the fact that if all you want is big numbers than it is stupid to spend way more money to get big numbers N/A, than it is to spend much less and just get an S/C. And I don't see why you would build up the stock block now because it will never handle a TT set-up.
What are you talking abuot? the aluminum block in our cars can handle 800 RHWP with beefed up internals... I think a TT setup would be perfect... Who needs 21 PSI on a supercharger anyways.

Some people like me are forced to stay N/A. Mostly parental reasons. Most people like to go full bolt-ons, etc. because they can pay small amounts over time, and you don't need to drop 6500+ down for a good blower and install...
Old 12-28-2006, 11:11 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman2424

I'm not building up the stock block.. The heads will be moved over to the short block I'm going to have built. The stock block with fordged internals could handle 600+ hp, but I will be building a setup to handle 1200+
Old 12-29-2006, 12:53 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I want a 460ci crate engine. >.>
Old 12-29-2006, 03:11 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ported heads, aftermarket intake ( i don't know which one) these will kick up a lot. most HP comes out of your heads.. but if you really wanna stay N/A and kick some ***.. i say get a freaking engine block and stroke it.. build it and you will see way over 400wrhp N/A but these cost a lot of money, drop a KENNE BELL and be done with it..
Old 12-29-2006, 05:47 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: doodad

ported heads, aftermarket intake ( i don't know which one) these will kick up a lot. most HP comes out of your heads.. but if you really wanna stay N/A and kick some ***.. i say get a freaking engine block and stroke it.. build it and you will see way over 400wrhp N/A but these cost a lot of money, drop a KENNE BELL and be done with it..
Our engines can be stroked out to 5.2 without a problem, then go forged
Old 12-29-2006, 06:23 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gibsonjb

I want to stay NA, but would like to obtain 400 rwhp on my 06 auto GT. Right now I'm at 320 rwhp with stage 3 comp cams, C&L street intake, 93 octane tune from diablosport, full exhaust with JBA shorty headers, UDP's, torrque converter, and 3.73's. Any suggestions to get me to my goal short of supercharging? I may be looking into the new intake manifold coming out next year. Your thoughts please.

next mods.... steeda suspension, carbon fiber drive shaft, steeda lightweight 17" wheels, strut tower brace
Ported and polished heads would be a start.