Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Diablo predator, help!

Old 12-29-2006, 07:21 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Diablo predator, help!

ORIGINAL: Black Sunshine 07

i'm ready to order a tuner for my GT and i've decided to go with the diablo predator. the cheapest i've found is at concoursdirect.com for 319.99 and free shipping. just wanted to see if any of you guys have delt with concoursdirect.com and make sure they were a legit site and good about customer service and and help i might need. thanks a lot guys

Hey Black Sunshine,

Are you set on the Diablo Predator? IMO the Diablo is a better tuner for mebut I also have several excellent DiabloSport CMR dynotuning shopsavaialble to me locally. If you are going tobuy one of the popular CAI kits like Steeda or C&L the Predator supplied tunes for the supportedCAI kitsare agreat choice. But if you are going to buy and install any off brandorboutique CAI kit likeJLT, AIRAIDetc. you may be better off to buyanSCTXCal2 or SFtuner from the place you buy the CAI kit from and get their house custom tune for the CAI kit. The lession hee is to buy a CAI kit from one of the majors as they are easy to get perfct tunes for even remotely.

Are you going to install a CAI kit when youbuyyour DiabloPredator handheld tuner? Don't buy a tuner unless you also buy a CAI kit or you willnot get much of an improvement in power output which almost always leads to disappointment and posts about howbrand-X tuners allsuck. This is an opportunity to buy a package and get the best jump in power you can. All you have to do is just like CrazyAl said, call up a shop you like and order a CAI kit you likealong with a handheldtuner at the same time. A good shoplike Brenspeed will offer you a good price on the CAI and tuner and include the house tune for the particular combination you have on the car, usually free or for a really good price because you are buying the whole thing from them. This is the BEST way to buy a tuner and CAI kit!

HTH

Old 12-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

I know that Diablo has some CAI downloads on there page as well I got the C&L tune there and thanks for reminding me to get the upgrade for the tuner.

You have a stick right don't bother with the Diablo if you have a auto and you may want to check around your area and make sure there is a dyno shop that can use the Diablo if you decide to get a custom tune done later on they will add it to the tuner so you don't have to go back if you reflash or lose your battery.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:39 AM
Black Sunshine 07
2nd Gear Member

sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys. and thanks to everyone for all their input. i live in a very small town and don't have any speed shops or dynos anywhere near me. i did got with the predator and installed the 87 performance tune until the run the rest of my gas out, and my car really woke up today. i've smiled all the way home after installing it. car rev'ed much faster and pulled like crazy. unless you guys disagree i should be ok with just ordering a predator without any custom tunes b/c it came preloaded with both C&L and JLT which are the 2 brands i'm considering for my CAI so when i purchase the CAI i can just add it to my tune like it says in my instruction manual correct?
Old 01-04-2007, 12:45 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

It cames with the C&L and JLT tunes already? Where did you buy it from and how much?
Old 01-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Black Sunshine 07
2nd Gear Member

concoursdirect.com for $319.99 and free shipping. you can add everything to hook it up to you computer for an additional $20. but yeah you choose which OEM you want to use and then go into performance tune and it will contain the tunes that support whatever OEM you chose. buy my cable isn't usb to hook to my computer and i can't find where to plug it in. i also don't know where to go to find new updates online if anyone can help with that.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:01 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

OK that is different than when i purchased it from them. It only had the 3 tunes that are in the stock predator. That isa bonus for you then. If you noticed a big change added only these tunes then you would be floored by brenspeed or b amachips!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:11 AM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black Sunshine 07

concoursdirect.com for $319.99 and free shipping. you can add everything to hook it up to you computer for an additional $20. but yeah you choose which OEM you want to use and then go into performance tune and it will contain the tunes that support whatever OEM you chose. buy my cable isn't usb to hook to my computer and i can't find where to plug it in. i also don't know where to go to find new updates online if anyone can help with that.

Hi Black Sunshine,

Go to Radio Shack and get the serial to USB cable. Once you install the software on the CD it works perfectly. For the latest firmware updates look on Diablo's website. Just be sure to restore your original tune and backup the custom tunes on the Predator before you update the Predator firmware. Then you can safely update the Predator then reload the custom tune to the Predator, read the original tune and then reflash with your custom tune.

HTH

Old 01-04-2007, 04:37 PM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

I orderd my Diablo through Concourse Direct andthe price is what they state $319.99 with free shipping.
And like whatF1Fan said, you can get the USB cable and power plug parts for the PC link at your local Radio Shack. I believe they give you the Radio Shack part numbers in the Diablo manual, as well. I'll have to check.
So order it now. Do it! Doooit NOW! [8D]
Old 01-05-2007, 12:19 AM
Black Sunshine 07
2nd Gear Member

i got the tuner in the mail yesterday but the cable it came w/ wasn't usb so emailed them about them sending me the usb cable. where do you look for new updates on Diablo's website though?
Old 01-05-2007, 11:58 AM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

Newupdates are indicatedon the main page of the Diabosport site.
If you have the same model as mine, U7140, there is an update as of 12/22/06.
Select the DOWNLOADS option on the top left and it will take you to another page where you select the part number or product. Select the product number and it will take you the following page. Click on the link.
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...lay&pid=11

Just follow the instructions and if you have questions you can contact them directly.
Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diablo predator, help!