Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

NEW DRIVESHAFT ORDERED TODAY!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 04:27 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

Default NEW DRIVESHAFT ORDERED TODAY!

Hey guys, in case you didn't know, Driveshaftshop.com now has the first 3.5" diameter one piece aluminum driveshaft on the market (all of the other ones out thereare 4" diameter). The first run was purchased by Lethal Performance and will start shipping out on January 2nd. Supposedly these driveshafts will be rather scarce at first since they are having issues getting the parts they need to make them from Dana/Spicer. I ordered mine today from Lethal and it is normally $699.99, but I got a 5% holiday discount. I also ordered the Granatelli front and rear drive shaft loop kit (a little cheaper than the BMR parts) so with shipping included everything came to $858.60 delivered.Can't wait to get it installed and install my LCAs too! Here are some links:http://www.driveshaftshop.com/item170346.ctlg,http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...riveshaft.htmland
http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...-and-rear.html
PS I talked to Derek since Jared is out today. I believe that the 5% discount will end today so get em while they're hot!
Old 12-29-2006, 05:33 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: NEW DRIVESHAFT ORDERED TODAY!

let us know how it feels when you get it installed!
Old 12-29-2006, 05:39 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

Will do!
Old 12-29-2006, 08:52 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I wish ya'll would stop paying $700 for a driveshaft, then these things would come down in price, but congrats on your new shaft all the same.

If they aren't making atleast $300 profit on each shaft i'd be very surprised.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:24 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

LOL...I hear you, but there is no other option for a 3.5" driveshaft since the ranger shaft is 4".Part of the reason Iwanted this shaft is so I won't have clearance problems since this is a daily driver and I do sometimes have more than two people in the car. Lethal wasn't able to give me the weight of the shaft, but I'm going to weigh it before I install it. I'm thinking it's only going to be a couple of pounds lighter than the4" aluminum shaft. but I'll let you guys know.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Thanks a lot for the support!! I'm sure you're going to be very pleased with the new driveshaft. DSS makes awesome products and Frank the owner is an awesome guy to deal with. Have a happy new year and thanks again!! Jared@Lethal

ORIGINAL: 06hoss

Hey guys, in case you didn't know, Driveshaftshop.com now has the first 3.5" diameter one piece aluminum driveshaft on the market (all of the other ones out thereare 4" diameter). The first run was purchased by Lethal Performance and will start shipping out on January 2nd. Supposedly these driveshafts will be rather scarce at first since they are having issues getting the parts they need to make them from Dana/Spicer. I ordered mine today from Lethal and it is normally $699.99, but I got a 5% holiday discount. I also ordered the Granatelli front and rear drive shaft loop kit (a little cheaper than the BMR parts) so with shipping included everything came to $858.60 delivered.Can't wait to get it installed and install my LCAs too! Here are some links:http://www.driveshaftshop.com/item170346.ctlg,http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...riveshaft.htmland
http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...-and-rear.html
PS I talked to Derek since Jared is out today. I believe that the 5% discount will end today so get em while they're hot!
Old 12-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

I wish we made $300 profit on these.. LOL

I'd be driving a new Shelby if we did. However I'm still driving the good ole 03 Cobra.. Have a happy new year. Jared@Lethal

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I wish ya'll would stop paying $700 for a driveshaft, then these things would come down in price, but congrats on your new shaft all the same.

If they aren't making atleast $300 profit on each shaft i'd be very surprised.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:54 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

What exactly does this mean?
"made to go 50,000 miles with out making a mess under the car"

What happens after 50k?
Old 12-30-2006, 02:50 AM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

Basically nothing, it's just a warranty. Some other drive shafts have grease fittings that expel grease all over the bottom of your car...this type of drive shaft won't do that.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:54 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

I still think there is something funny going on here. I have the Powerhouse driveshaft (full 4" OD), and the rear end of my car is lowered with Roush Springs. I have ZERO clearance problems, even with four adults in the car.

To say that a 4" driveshaft has clearance problems is false advertising, IMHO. I belive that if someone is having clunking going on with a 4" shaft, then something is not set up right. I do know that if your pinion angle is wrong, you will get clunking. Perhaps that is the real issue. I know many people that have not bothered to reset their pinion angle after switching to the 1 pc shaft....

Quick Reply: NEW DRIVESHAFT ORDERED TODAY!