Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Headlights - New pics inside!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 06:09 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New Headlights

Its good to hear that American Muscle has good customer service.

ORIGINAL: GTJUNKIE

I just got my fogs in yesterday and they where scratched on the lense. I contacted american muscle and they are shipping me a entire new set and im gonna ship the bad set back. They had great customer service so far. The fogs look great in the box and Im sure they will look even better on the car. I to had no installation information but can prob figure it out. Let me know how difficult the bumper cover removal is Im interested in doing my own install cause ford wants 140.00 to install them at the body shop.
ORIGINAL: John06GT

Just got my headlights in from AmericanMuscle.com, look great in the box, working on installing them... no instruction manual though [:@]I think i'll figure them out though, I'll get picks up as soon as possible!!!
Old 12-31-2006, 01:14 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

bump
Old 12-31-2006, 04:17 PM
John06GT
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I had a buddy install them for 100$$... the only reason he charged me so much is because he said the bumper was a pain in the A**.... sooo Idk you'll have to see... the only reason I didn't do it myself is because the wiring system is different and I didn't want to mess it up!! but the lights look great!!! the only problem I had is that one of the luminics high beam bulbs isn't working, and my headlights are fogging up because the light isn't there so moisture is getting in [:@]... but it clears up, so hopefully I'll get that new bulb prettttyyy soon here, also waitin on pics, my friend has my camera and she's stuck in New Mexico because of the storm... sucks!!!
Old 12-31-2006, 09:49 PM
GiMiX
2nd Gear Member

ya that would be me with the problem from AM.. great customer service though man.. they sent me new orders.. got them like 2 days after...(REAL FAST SHIPPMENT) im sending my broken headlights back this tuesday.. and putting the new ones saturday.. i hope it works this time damnit!!! GL TO U RO let me know how it turned out
Old 12-31-2006, 09:50 PM
GiMiX
2nd Gear Member

oh btw... the new headlights they reshipped me did come with a simple but (HELPFUL) 1 piece paper of instruction that my broken set of headlights didnt come with....... shows all the wiring and stuff.. really helpful
Old 01-01-2007, 09:12 PM
GTJUNKIE
2nd Gear Member

Good deal hope my 2nd order comes with something like that to help with the wiring then I dont have to guess.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:41 PM
John06GT
2nd Gear Member

Talked to AmericanMuscle today, VERY nice and helping, they're sending me TWO brand new Luminics bulbs, even though only one wasn't working.... Definitely good cust. service. still working on the pics!!
Old 01-05-2007, 12:47 PM
GiMiX
2nd Gear Member

well... got my 2nd shipment of the headlights and they were defected as well from American Muscle... Third pair is on its way again. The LEDS worked on all this time but the drivers side halos on the 1 headlight wouldnt work... it turned out a bulb on the drivers side halo is broken or something. I know its not American Muscles fault but this is my third freakin pair... im paying these professionals to take a look at them and install them... and im paying them and nothing is getting installed... its very upseting at this point now hopefully third one is the charm. *sigh
Old 01-18-2007, 02:02 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

-- bump --

Any pics?!
Old 02-07-2007, 08:05 PM
John06GT
2nd Gear Member

Alright, well sorry it took sooo freakin long... but I finnaly got a couple pics, so here ya'll go, let me know what ya think

Quick Reply: New Headlights - New pics inside!!