Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

out of these 2 what would you purchase next?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 02:42 AM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: out of these 2 what would you purchase next?

ORIGINAL: Hufenstang

hey f1, i have done shocks, g trac brace, adj pan, strut tower brace, springs, adj lca.

yeah i have already done the udp's also phil.

and yes this is a street car, i shouldnt even get the water pump for it then?

Hi Hufenstang,

Do both! Seriously, if you have alreadyaddedpulleys the power gains will be smaller than installing the CMCP's. This is not to say there are not advantages to installing a Meziere EH2O pump especially if you live in a hot climate or go to the drag races. I have my Meziere wired to run with the key on and if you are at the drag strip you just have to set your fans to kick on and off at the desired coolant temp and the car will cool down MUCH faster and much more throughly because you have the fans on and coolant moving through the radiator. As to running a Meziere on a motor with pulleys installed I would not recommend it but only because of the slightly lower percentage of time the alternatorget to actuallycharge the battery. If you spend a lot of time in stop and go traffic battery charge may be an issue if you havea marginal regulator/alternator. Many people have installed a Meziere with just thecrank pulley and seem doing fine, no problems. You will need a different belt if you have pulleys already and then add a Meziere. Also order the Meziere with the relay kit and look for the threads on installations, there are good, complete threads andgood images out there with the part numbers for the add-a-circuityou will need to make your install factory clean.

As to CMCPs personally I washot to install Steeda's CMCP's but just could not bring myself to pay over $300 for them. When I saw that Paul'swas offering them I figured thatFRPP would not be too far behind. Once FRPP announced them and Isaw a set in the boxI decided togo with FRPP. So I purchasedandinstalled the FRPP's version of the CMCP's (outin my garage like everything else on the car), whichwork well and are sneakier than the very pretty, shinnybillet parts fromSteeda because they are basically the stock CMCP castings without the extra machine work tohang the little platesout in the air flow. They are easy to find for $90-$95 delivered, I got mine from Dagostino's but Brenspeed and many others have them for the same price.Long agoboughtthe originalSteeda specific #ST7140Diablo Predator tuner because it hadcustom tunes forSteeda's CAI and CMCP'sas part of the standard Steeda/Predator firmware and I knew that at some point I would install CMCP's. So I had the necessary modified tune for the CMCP's. Don't bother to install the CMCP's unless you have themodified tune for them or you will be uninstalling the CMCP's or waiting by the computer for a modifiedCMCP tune from your tuner.

On your suspension I don't know who's suspension components you are runningbut based on the parts you installed you would probably benefit fromthe fixed length BMR tubular UCA anda stiffer Panhard bar support brace. Also, depending on how low your springs have put your ride height,you may also find that you like the way the car handles much better with a bumpsteer kit, Steeda's front control arm relocation kit, X5ball joints and the Steeda LCA relocation brackets.Early last year I installed the BMR LCA relocation bracketsbecause this was all that was available at the time and they work greatfor drag racing but are not ideal forroad course. The problem with the BMR LCA relocation brackets is that there are not enough holesto allowyou to get the LCA'sat the bestangle unless you have lowered your car 2" in the rear. The BMR bracket's bottom hole locationis only good for drag racing because it moves your IC too far back and also causes roll oversteer which is very bad duringtransitions andhigh-speed cornering. I'm about to cutthe BMR's off and weld up a set of Steeda LCA relocation brackets. Look into these suspension parts,you will love the reductionin front end dive, lower roll anglesand improved handling.

HTH

Old 01-04-2007, 05:49 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: phatphil

Hufenstang, I have the udp's and the electric water pump, in my opinion the electric water pump didn't give me anything as far as performance goes.
+1.
The water pump I put in claims 17.1 wrhp improvement. I would have to seriously argue that. My car has an intake, 93 tune, flows, pullies, water pump, 3.73's and I only pulled 289 wrhp on Brenspeeds dyno. (thats with 285's on the rear) I've gained probobly 40 to 45hp over stock. Im sure the water pump frees a few ponies up, but I would have to say it doesnt come close to freeing up 17hp.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:04 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RED121572

ORIGINAL: phatphil

Hufenstang, I have the udp's and the electric water pump, in my opinion the electric water pump didn't give me anything as far as performance goes.
+1.
The water pump I put in claims 17.1 wrhp improvement. I would have to seriously argue that. My car has an intake, 93 tune, flows, pullies, water pump, 3.73's and I only pulled 289 wrhp on Brenspeeds dyno. (thats with 285's on the rear) I've gained probobly 40 to 45hp over stock. Im sure the water pump frees a few ponies up, but I would have to say it doesnt come close to freeing up 17hp.

Hi phatphil,

The Meziere is more like 8-11RWHP based on my own car's dyno pulls with the Meziere only, no pulley on crank or alternator.

HTH
Old 01-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

thanks for all your guys input, i have one last question. already having the udp's installed i believe i will go with the delete plates first and new tune... my question, with a new 93 octane tune and delete plates with all my current engine mods ect what rwhp can i expect from these plates and tune?
Old 01-04-2007, 09:33 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

Cool, thanks for the input F1Fan.
Every little bit helps. As far as delete plates go....I dont know shet about those. [8D]