Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharger Time BUT....

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 11:54 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger Time BUT....

I asked my dealer if they would install the whipple and they said if they did it it would be under warranty as long as a ford tech did it at the dealershipso when iam ready tobuy it iam covered!
btwsay no to the roushcharger from the numbers ive seen WASTE of money
Old 01-04-2007, 02:01 AM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

Hi Viking,

I had my vortech installed and tuned by Ford. I still had to go to court when the engine went. I'm not bashing Vortech, it's and incredible unit if you are smart with it. I wasn't (14 psi...) I have a hard time believing anyone could be disappointed with it performance wise. It has more potential than the engine. I proved it twice unfortunately. Just be carefully with what they tell you and remember most of them are just out to make a quick buck.

I would also agree that you should value the work and professionalism of the shop more than the warranty aspect.

Pat

ORIGINAL: viking396

ORIGINAL: pcdrj

There's alot of conflicting info about warantys and mods. I've read more than one post where someone's been told it's covered only to end up in court. IMO getting it done right and having reliability is better than gettinga "warranty". Also, the most important part of installing any power adder is the tune. I had JDM Engineering do my car. They've installed more Saleens than anybody else and to date have not lost a motor.My carput down 470 rwhp and ran 11.87 on street tires with 93 octane. I drive the car virtually every day and use it for errands, Christmans shopping, whatever. Currently at 13k miles.
I think most agree that getting it done right and reliableis top priority, however I expect people to back up their work. If this were a purpose built car for drag racing I couldn't care less about a warranty because I would be installing the Supercharger and backing up my own work. I fully expect Saleen to install the SC, do it right , reliable AND back it 100% for 3 years and 36,000 miles.

I hope to have arrangements made tomorrow morning tobring my car to Saleen in Detroitfor the install, I'll be asking them to use my CAI as well since it will out flow that box they use.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:17 AM
pcdrj
2nd Gear Member

Exactly. It's not just a matter of "backing up their work" but there are many other variables which can can engine failure. Fuel pressure, tune, bad gas, abuse, over revving, etc. Be sure when a dealer has to fork out big $ for a new engine, they will investigate the probable cause and if they feel it was not their install then there's a good chance their waranty will not cover it. I have an Audi and my dealer is fighting a warranty claim (engine failure) on an bone stock car because they determined the car was driven abusively.

ORIGINAL: freefallpat

Hi Viking,

I had my vortech installed and tuned by Ford. I still had to go to court when the engine went. I'm not bashing Vortech, it's and incredible unit if you are smart with it. I wasn't (14 psi...) I have a hard time believing anyone could be disappointed with it performance wise. It has more potential than the engine. I proved it twice unfortunately. Just be carefully with what they tell you and remember most of them are just out to make a quick buck.

I would also agree that you should value the work and professionalism of the shop more than the warranty aspect.

Pat

There's alot of conflicting info about warantys and mods. I've read more than one post where someone's been told it's covered only to end up in court. IMO getting it done right and having reliability is better than gettinga "warranty". Also, the most important part of installing any power adder is the tune. I had JDM Engineering do my car. They've installed more Saleens than anybody else and to date have not lost a motor.My carput down 470 rwhp and ran 11.87 on street tires with 93 octane. I drive the car virtually every day and use it for errands, Christmans shopping, whatever. Currently at 13k miles.
I think most agree that getting it done right and reliableis top priority, however I expect people to back up their work. If this were a purpose built car for drag racing I couldn't care less about a warranty because I would be installing the Supercharger and backing up my own work. I fully expect Saleen to install the SC, do it right , reliable AND back it 100% for 3 years and 36,000 miles.

I hope to have arrangements made tomorrow morning tobring my car to Saleen in Detroitfor the install, I'll be asking them to use my CAI as well since it will out flow that box they use.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:24 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

The dealer I bought my car from said they will put a roush in for $4900 installed and she's covered under the 5yr/100,000 mile warranty
BlueHerd02,

What dealer and what city did you buy your car from? That is a great price for the Roushcharger installed!
Old 01-04-2007, 04:35 PM
jetstang
1st Gear Member

Anybody know any dealership in Southern California that install super chargers?
Old 01-04-2007, 05:37 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

I would "think" if you get a saleen or roush charger that would be your best bet since there big names with ford. I mean; ford sends them GT's to sc(example-s281 sc) them and they have warr. I'm not to surprised about a dealer dont want to pay and taking it to court but i think if we have check with ford them selfs and If ford give you the ok; then the delers will not care; cuz ford will pay them if anything goes wrong.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:25 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: freefallpat

Hi Viking,

Pat

I agree with you 100% but I know the warranty would be gone with aVortech installed because not a single dealer in my state will install it let alone install and warranty it. I wouldn't mind a Vortech, I've had one on a 5.0 and also had a Paxton on a 5.0 but those engines I could redo myself. It may be the route I go with (at a much safer 8lbs) if things don't work out with Saleen.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:42 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Turbo kit from HP performance for me!! Easy install and tons of *** kicking power plus i can get it for 4300 shipped!!
Old 01-08-2007, 02:39 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Calls to Rich at Saleen in Detroit go unresponded too, my guess, they have enough money. Ah well, it can wait....
Old 01-08-2007, 05:43 PM
kopfjager
1st Gear Member

Sessler Ford in Libertyville Illinois did my Kenne Bell blower on my 06, no warranty issues.
They have top notch service and I would recommend them to anyone. They did my gear. They did the gear in my fox body too. They did my exhaust. They are doing my stall speed converter and trans upgrade this week too.
They have done Prochargers and Vortechs on 05+ Stangstoo. Any issue I have with the S/C installation they fix it no charge. I had a leaky intercooler tank they fixed it free, I had a case of spark blow-out from instant boost. They changed the plugs to HT0 plugs for cost of the plugs. They forgot to put on my chrome cam covers - they put them on free. They have some knowledgable techs that race at my track.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Time BUT....