Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 08:12 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Insurance

ORIGINAL: FuriousGeorge

It was actually really stupid. I was driving with my ex-girlfriend and her friend to go snowboarding in Flagstaff from Phoenix. The speed limit in the area was75 mph and I was MAYBE doing 85-90 to pass some people real quick. I was in my exgirlfriend's mom's 2000 explorer she had just bought, so it's not like I was going to be speeding all over the place. So this cop in an unmarked car pulls me over and I could tell the second he opened his mouth that he probably had to cheat to pass the 2nd grade. So he's like "do you know how fast you were going?", and Ireplied "maybe 80-85". He said "I clocked you at 99 mph." I just busted up laughing and he made me get out of the car. I made it pretty clear I thought he was full of s*it, and he just stood there with his mouth agape like I was teaching him quantum physics, pretty much not understanding a word I was saying. I asked him to see the radar and he ignored me so I just dropped it (which I'm kicking myself for now).

Then on the way back from skiing I noticed he wrote down the scene of the incident as Loop 101 even though I was on I-17 (uh yeah, the 101 doesn't go to Flagstaff a$$hole) so I thought it would be an easy out. Apparently the state of AZ compensates for the lack of education in the police force by correcting typos and such on traffic citations. I ended up having to leave work early to argue the citation with the judge, but apparently if you exceed 85 mph in this state, it is criminal speeding...even though the f*cking speed limit is 75. The judge said it was a pretty stupid law, but it still held most of the time. I wanted to fight the ticket assuming the idiot cop wouldn't even know what time zone he was in and miss the court appearance, but I had just started my job down here in Tucson and couldn't afford to take time off.

So now my age 25 insurance reduction isn't really worth a damn. Cheers.
there are alot of those types of cops here in new york too...
Old 01-16-2007, 09:21 PM
ddd1968rt

Default RE: Insurance - Don't Forget to Insure for Customization!

A BIG factor to consider for many out there is to be sure to carry adequate insurance to cover the customization work you have had done to your pony.Collision insurance by itselfdoes NOT cover this. All thatcollision insurance will pay is what the insurance company determines to be the current market value of your car (i.e., your purchase price less depreciation) as it was delivered. Figure out how much you have tied up in customization work on your pony (this includes custom paint, stripes, andother exterior mods; engine, suspension,exhaust, and other mechanicalmods; interior mods; and custom sound systems) and then get a quote from your insurance company for this amount. This additional coverage is well worth having if you have a late model pony with a lot of custom goodies in it.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:52 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

22; new jersey...yea; new jersey. Im under my parnets ins has a driver; i also have 1 ticket doing 70 in a 50; but got that dropped w/ no points (800 bucks later though) So the 06 stang GT is under my dads name is still 1200ish a year. Me bymy self is well over 2 a year.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:39 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ddd1968rt

A BIG factor to consider for many out there is to be sure to carry adequate insurance to cover the customization work you have had done to your pony.Collision insurance by itselfdoes NOT cover this. All thatcollision insurance will pay is what the insurance company determines to be the current market value of your car (i.e., your purchase price less depreciation) as it was delivered. Figure out how much you have tied up in customization work on your pony (this includes custom paint, stripes, andother exterior mods; engine, suspension,exhaust, and other mechanicalmods; interior mods; and custom sound systems) and then get a quote from your insurance company for this amount. This additional coverage is well worth having if you have a late model pony with a lot of custom goodies in it.
Excellent points made, When i put my system in, the first thing i did was take the car over to the insurance office with all the boxes and they took pictures and wrote down exact parts. The only other things I have done are exhaust, shift light, and the shifter....
Old 01-17-2007, 05:55 PM
blueV6
1st Gear Member

300 a month for full coverage .... i am 17 tho and ive had my license for 3 months haha
Old 01-17-2007, 07:20 PM
SPOOK R/T
2nd Gear Member

Geico here, full cov$1,554.00 a year for both my Stangs.With theGT 500 ded and the wifesV-6Pony 250ded.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:35 PM
bushbanger
2nd Gear Member

$ 580 per year with allstate ...43 with no tickets ...yet ...
Old 01-18-2007, 05:10 PM
06gt5spd
2nd Gear Member

I pay about 1800 a year for all three of my cars (06 mustang gt, 04 chevy blazer 4x4, 99 f-150 4x4) with full coverage from American Family. I also get several discounts for home, life and multi-car.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Sirsilent
2nd Gear Member

I checked out many different insurance companies on the web and never got a quote under 250 $ / month. I am 28, no accidents and tickets and living in CA.
How do you get those cheap quotes?