Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Real World Improved times for CAI & Tune

Old 01-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Ruffnuts
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Real World Improved times for CAI & Tune

Un modded 05 to 07 Stangs run around 9 to 9.20's at the local 8th mile track here and I run 8.40's to 8.60's on the same track.
I do a little more then just a cai and tune tho, I have under drive pully's and long tube headers with hi flow cats which I am sure help.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:51 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Cars are different
Drivers are different
Weather is different
Elevation is different
Road conditions are different
The length of the 1/4 mile is different...(okay, you got me)

Really...who cares what the magic number is, whether it be dyno, track time, etc. All of these numbers are so dependent on countless variables that can't be controlled. You may have gained a tenth of a second because you picked your nose before you started the race, which lightened up your car. Does this make your car (or you, the driver) "way more awesomer" than the guy who left his boogers in his head?

There is no point in arguing about numbers IMO. Just drive the car already.

[sm=lame.gif]
Old 01-13-2007, 03:47 PM
VWILLO
2nd Gear Member

HERE! HERE! HypromanGT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 05:29 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

HypromanGT & VWillo:

I'm not really interested in the "numbers" except as a way of determining if it will be worth the hassle (with my dealer) to get a CAI & tune before my warranty expires.
Personally I could care less about shaving a few tenths of a second off a 1/8 or 1/4 mile time- because I will never test that out.
What I would like to know is if there's a REAL difference in 0 - 60 m.p.h. (or 45 - 75) time which for me has more "practical" applications- such as when someone doesn't want to let me get in front of them either at a stoplight or when trying to pass (so far, so good [sm=icon_rock.gif]).
I'd also like to totally eliminate "throttle-lag" if possible (some of you guys say it is, some say it's not- and one guy said he thought there might even be a "factory program" which would do this).
After reading all the various opinions in this thread, I STILL don't know if I should do the mods now, or just try to be patient (not easy for me!) and wait till my warranty expires.
So stay tuned (pun intended) for further developments.............

p.s. I'm also a bit worried about getting the serious "mod addiction" which seems to have infected almost all of you, and which appears to be more lethal (to your wallets at least) than the dreaded avian flu..........
Old 01-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Ringo01
2nd Gear Member

I say go with an axle-back exhaust and the inake and tune. Or even just a tune. The difference IS noticeable. And you will not regret it. The exhaust is just for fun to make it sound faster, it works. :P