Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

what are good AFR numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 08:39 PM
silverstang06
2nd Gear Member

Default what are good AFR numbers?

with the mods that i have?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:40 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: what are good AFR numbers?

Mid to lower12's. 13 or more is BAD NEWS!!!
Old 01-12-2007, 12:24 AM
terrysil
1st Gear Member

need help! how do i adjust my fuel pressure? I get codes po171 and po174, which translates to running lean on both banks of the engine. i have a SCT Xcalibrator2, can i adjust the A/F ratio with this?
I have been running a demolet tuneable induction with custom tunes for a year now and no problems. I recently added a steeda intake spacers, no problem the car ran almost 2mph faster in 1/8 mole. i added steeda underdrive pulleys and this past weekend AFTER autocrossing both Saturday and Sunday with no problems I get the check engine light on the way home.
I am told by my service advisor that the ford dealer i bought my car from will void my warranty if there are mods. I know they can not do this but never the less i would like to avoid taking the car to the dealer and if there is a way to adjust the AF ratio myself i would prefer that.
Anyone please respond to me at
terrysil@hotmail.com

thanks
Old 01-12-2007, 02:59 AM
Blazing Saddles

ORIGINAL: terrysil

need help! how do i adjust my fuel pressure? I get codes po171 and po174, which translates to running lean on both banks of the engine. i have a SCT Xcalibrator2, can i adjust the A/F ratio with this?
I have been running a demolet tuneable induction with custom tunes for a year now and no problems. I recently added a steeda intake spacers, no problem the car ran almost 2mph faster in 1/8 mole. i added steeda underdrive pulleys and this past weekend AFTER autocrossing both Saturday and Sunday with no problems I get the check engine light on the way home.
I am told by my service advisor that the ford dealer i bought my car from will void my warranty if there are mods. I know they can not do this but never the less i would like to avoid taking the car to the dealer and if there is a way to adjust the AF ratio myself i would prefer that.
Anyone please respond to me at
terrysil@hotmail.com

thanks
Check for a vacuum leak. Make sure the clamps on the CAI are tight and the breather tube is on securely.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:11 AM
silverstang06
2nd Gear Member

how bad is BAD NEWS?
Old 01-12-2007, 11:06 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: silverstang06

how bad is BAD NEWS?
Mmmm..... Like window in the block bad news.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:18 PM
silverstang06
2nd Gear Member

what does that mean?....a hole in the engine block?
Old 01-13-2007, 12:01 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Yea. They tend to throw a rod and create a big hole in the block. On a supercharged application a proper air/fuel setting and proper fuel pressure is crucial. You should be up in the 40+psi range on fuel pressureup in the higher rpm range. A lot of times they will get lean up high due to a pressure drop and KABOOM. I would recommend to anyone that is using a canned tune with FI to get a custom tune, or in the least, a proper a/f adjustment done. If you don't you are playing russion roulette everytime you push it to high rpm's under boost, especially at 10PSI and above.