Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How do we fare against STIs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 11:19 AM
sybidoc

Default RE: How do we fare against STIs?

I got one from a stoplight from a dig. He was off like a shot with his AWD. I saw his taillights immediately. I hit a big shift into 2nd, the hood climbed high and pulled himall thru 2nd and3rd. When we shut down at the end of 3rd gear, he was down a length. I run stock M5 with a canned 91 Predator tune and an extra degree of timing on 93 oct, no CAI. Stock 17 in Pirelli's. He was new, so probably stock too. With a tune, we're good to go. But a stock, automatic would have aBad Day at Blackrock.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:32 AM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

I took one from a 20 roll in second with ease, pulled a full car length by 3rd. Weburned tires from a light and he pulled half a length on the launch, but by second I was even with him and pulled pretty well past again. I was bone stock and he had a few mods, he couldn't believe I was burning him.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

wow im suprised...i haven't raced one yet but thought we didn't have a chance considering its lighter and AWD....sweet!!
Old 01-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: Jerseyfury2

wow im suprised...i haven't raced one yet but thought we didn't have a chance considering its lighter and AWD....sweet!!
It is less than 150 LBS, has 20 Lbs less torque(stock) and it has more loss due to AWD. What's so hard to believe?
Old 01-12-2007, 03:21 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

the new ones have 300 hp, but didn't the 05's or 04's have less power?

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

It is less than 150 LBS, has 20 Lbs less torque(stock) and it has more loss due to AWD. What's so hard to believe?
Old 01-12-2007, 03:40 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

If he is stock and you can drive, you will have him, from a dig or roll.

Stock STi's "can" hit low 13's, but not likely. Same **** around my school man, SRT-4 at my school(No muffs, and a few basic thinigs) everyone says it will blow my doors off, but we are 1-1.
Of course the SRT4 has not mufflers they come that way stock

The weight difference is not that big of a deal, the fact that an STI is just as easy to add power to as a mustang is where things come in. Figure a boost controller, race dp, and upgraded intake and exhaust and they can easily put out an extra 100hp all in spending a good $1500

From a roll if both stock you can get him, if from a dig its a drivers race. Both the STI and the Evo can be formidable opponents in the beginning, where the Mustang shines is that it can be upgraded much further than any of the 4cyl AWD cars. I mean how many 1000+ hp STIs have you seen ???
Old 01-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattblasi

The weight difference is not that big of a deal, the fact that an STI is just as easy to add power to as a mustang is where things come in. Figure a boost controller, race dp, and upgraded intake and exhaust and they can easily put out an extra 100hp all in spending a good $1500
You don't put a manual boost controller on WRX/STi's, it actually hurts performance, same for a CAI. The first upgrade is generally catless downpipe and engine management. But that doesn't add 100 hp. Better rubber and solid endlinks help the grip and turning too.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:41 PM
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member

You'll fare pretty well with a good boostof penicillin,
MY BAD, Those things are as annoying as STD's
Old 01-12-2007, 09:33 PM
GiMiX
2nd Gear Member

omg at ur daddys car.. :-o
Old 01-13-2007, 01:27 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

of course this is all in a straight line - when it's time to turn-n-burn they'll hand you an *** whoopin!

Quick Reply: How do we fare against STIs?