Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

WILL MAGNAFLOW HIGH FLOW CATS MAKE MY EXHAUST LOUDER?INFO PLEASE-THX

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 01:46 AM
DAVE06GT
1st Gear Member

Default WILL MAGNAFLOW HIGH FLOW CATS MAKE MY EXHAUST LOUDER?INFO PLEASE-THX

well, i have the borla(not frpp axlebacks, whick i guess doesnt really matter in this case)axlebacks and the sound alone from the stock H and the mufflers is phenominal but ive been lookin to make it a tad louder but i dnt want to buy an X pipe because i like the H too much, so i was wonderin will the magnaflow high-flow cats do what im lookin for?-open to all comments and suggestions i can get-thanks much
Old 01-15-2007, 03:09 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: WILL MAGNAFLOW HIGH FLOW CATS MAKE MY EXHAUST LOUDER?INFO PLEASE-THX

x pipe sounds a million times better with bullet mufflers IMO.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:12 AM
DAVE06GT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: WILL MAGNAFLOW HIGH FLOW CATS MAKE MY EXHAUST LOUDER?INFO PLEASE-THX

hey i can appreciate that opinion even though never heard that combo/seems like it would be one loud setup
Old 01-15-2007, 03:34 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

Not to flame you but how do you like your h-pipe too much??? have you ever heard/driven a GT with an x-pipe with the same mufflers?? If I was you, I'd look to get the FRPP x-pipe. It's pretty cheap from one of the site sponsors....i know stangmods.com has it online if you're looking to order online. You'd have to cut and weld but that would probably get ya what you're looking for is my guess. High flow cats would also help. Shoot, take the stock mufflers, take a plasma cutter, cut them open, gut them and make them a 1 chamber muffler, weld it back together, put it on....then tell me how it sounds
Old 01-15-2007, 03:50 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DAVE06GT

hey i can appreciate that opinion even though never heard that combo/seems like it would be one loud setup
my friend has it on his supercharged stang. it sounds awesome. loud and deep; yet really under control. under normal load, its the perfect rumble, then ROARS when you get on it. its an interesting setup.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:47 PM
DAVE06GT
1st Gear Member

sweet-then again-ive only heard one new stang in person with a blower and some sorta aftermarket exhaust.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:40 PM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

Heres a vid of my car, these vids i just have a intake and the magnaflow catted x-pipe and magnaflow cat back 3inch system using the magnapack mufflers. Now i think the car is a little louder.

On Dyno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3CF4QjIn9k

Drive By After First Install
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pqUmDPytLE

Old 01-23-2007, 10:00 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Mine sounds similar as well......I love the sound and thanks for the clips
Old 01-23-2007, 04:53 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I am getting a pypes h-pipe in a couple weeks. I think it should sound great with the stingers from what i have heard. Check on the link here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0Pzr09JRPg

Old 01-23-2007, 05:38 PM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

yeah howarematt.....i saw that clip for the first time a couple days ago.....i think it sounds really clean with that O/R H-pipe on there.... how much would a good O/R H-pipe run you and where can you get one?

Quick Reply: WILL MAGNAFLOW HIGH FLOW CATS MAKE MY EXHAUST LOUDER?INFO PLEASE-THX