Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My Automatic Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 11:57 PM
searay2006
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My Automatic Transmission

Wow that pan sure hanges down a long way. Might have clearence problems with my sportline springs.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:04 AM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

It doesnt look much if any lower than the header collectors and they look higher than the frame rails. PM Spyder, he will be able to tell you exactly what the clearance is.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:57 AM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

I saw the pan on spyder's car and it's definitley not the low point. I have one on order after seeing his and what he told me. -Joe
Old 01-21-2007, 04:50 AM
pinoy
1st Gear Member

Update! Well yesterday i got a call that it might be a sensor in the transmission. So i was glad for the rest of the day that it could of been a sensor. Well today i woke up to a phone call from the dealer. Not good news. They said the planetary gear is messed up. So i gotta buy a new transmission. Gonna cost me $2,500 for a rebuilt transmission. Well i guess i gotta stop with the lead foot but sometimes i just cant help it . Thanks for your prayers though!

The Ghost: I was wondering if you can give me some points to lower the shift points. Ive noticed with the Brenspeed tune the shifting is really agressive. I like it but i think i learned my lesson. hee hee. Once again thank you for everyones support!
Old 01-21-2007, 10:27 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

Yea, I've been in contact with Spyder about the pan. He was going to batch order and sell himself, but It didn't work out. As to lowering the shift points....WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU WANT TO DO THAT?? These auto's are dogs from the factory. It is almost a neccessity that the shifts are firmed up and the the shift points be set to match the torque curve (at all RPM's) Doing mods to these cars really requires the auto to be tuned to specifically match the mods to get the most/best out of it. HEAT KILLS AUTO'S quick, firm shifts and proper converter lock-up are the keys to keeping heat down. If you race much an external cooler of the very best variety you can afford is a must have. I currently have two external coolers so I could increase my fluid volume. I have 30,000 on the car and a lot of track time during this. So far it's holding up fine. But i am going to set it up where I can service and check the fluid myself. You know, no more warranty now...might as well make the whole car what i want it to be.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Stormbringer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

Sad thing about our cars, you can't check the auto fluid
OMG WTF!! Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard... How do you fill it?
Old 01-22-2007, 10:36 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pinoy

Update! Well yesterday i got a call that it might be a sensor in the transmission. So i was glad for the rest of the day that it could of been a sensor. Well today i woke up to a phone call from the dealer. Not good news. They said the planetary gear is messed up. So i gotta buy a new transmission. Gonna cost me $2,500 for a rebuilt transmission. Well i guess i gotta stop with the lead foot but sometimes i just cant help it . Thanks for your prayers though!

The Ghost: I was wondering if you can give me some points to lower the shift points. Ive noticed with the Brenspeed tune the shifting is really agressive. I like it but i think i learned my lesson. hee hee. Once again thank you for everyones support!
No warranty? Did you buy it new?
Old 01-22-2007, 11:33 PM
pinoy
1st Gear Member

Yup bought her brand spankin new. Got the stang in january of 05. And yes i have 44k miles on the car. But i love driving every mile of it!
Old 01-23-2007, 01:56 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

Thats what i like about my 07, 5/50 powertrain
Old 01-23-2007, 03:08 AM
pinoy
1st Gear Member

lol yea i missed out on that warranty. But oh you win some you lose some i guess.

Quick Reply: My Automatic Transmission