Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 04:47 PM
gibsonjb

Default NEED HELP!

Need some input from knowlegeable people. I had stage 3 comp cams installed 2 months ago along with a TCI streetfighter torque converter (aprox 3000 stall). Well I'm drivin this thing after the install for about 500 total miles before I figure out that the technician forgot to plug one of the coils in. The car ran very impressively after I plugged the coil back in and got the dyno tune. But now the car intermittently runs like it did before i discovered the unplugged coil. The best I can describe it is when I floor the throttle it has very poor response, like I have a horse trailer hooked to my bumper. But a day later, my throttle response might return. I dont know what is going on. Could it be a problem related to driving with a non-functioning cylinder for over a week when the coil was unplugged? Could it be my throttle body? (It's a BBK twin 62 mm). Could it be the torque converter? With my dyno tune I put down 325 rwhp, which is pretty good for an auto, but why do I only intermittently get the power the car should have?
Old 01-21-2007, 06:21 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default RE: NEED HELP!

Your in luck, mine felt the same way after my install. I'm blaming it on the brenspeed tune, if I didn't crash my car at the track I would've had my dyno tune already but that's not the case. Are you running the brenspeed tune as well?

I know exactly what you mean though.

-Jeff
Old 01-21-2007, 11:16 PM
gibsonjb

No, I'm runnin the diablo predator tune. I don't understand why one day my car is a beast, and the next it runs like crap.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:26 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Just a thought, but you may be experiencing the eec pulling timing especially if the dyno tune has aggressive advance settings. There are knock sensors that willl cause the eec to pull timing if it senses knock.My tune is at 28 degrees total timing and at 29 degrees itwas pulling timing. We could have disabled the knock sensors, but I want to be a safe as possible. Are you always running the same type of gas? It may also be related to the T/B. You may have to do a datalog on your predator to see what is going on. Does this become most noticable at WOT??
Old 01-21-2007, 11:52 PM
gibsonjb

Yeah it always happens at WOT.