Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Leaving it stock

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 12:50 AM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Leaving it stock

No Way! Have to make it my own.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:53 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Yep.. I'm leaving it stock.. Oh wait your talking about the full size car.. I was talking about the scale display model I have
Old 01-22-2007, 12:58 AM
PBR_Streetgang
1st Gear Member

Bone stock here. Of course I've only had the car for 11 days.

With all the bad influenceswho hang out onthis forum, and the fact that JPC Racing is about 10 mins from my house, I have a feeling it won't remain stock for very long.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:06 AM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

Stock is boring. You gotta make it fast and stand out visually.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:08 AM
2006GTSC
3rd Gear Member

Dont leave it stock
Old 01-22-2007, 01:09 AM
legendlime
2nd Gear Member

Jimmy,
Im leaving our 2006 auto convertible stock, just because it is fast enough already, and also when I make a kill, I can brag that my car still has the stock paper air filter!
Chris
Old 01-22-2007, 01:28 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: legendlime

Jimmy,
Im leaving our 2006 auto convertible stock, just because it is fast enough already, and also when I make a kill, I can brag that my car still has the stock paper air filter!
Chris
Yeah, but when you lose to a neon you're not going to have time to wave that pride of a paper filter in his face. Maybe then you will get the mod bug, but if you even race people from light to light at least get a CAI and tune.

-Jeff
Old 01-22-2007, 01:52 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PBR_Streetgang

Bone stock here. Of course I've only had the car for 11 days.

With all the bad influenceswho hang out onthis forum, and the fact that JPC Racing is about 10 mins from my house, I have a feeling it won't remain stock for very long.

Yeah, I tried holding out too, but after 10 weeks I finally caved-in to the "peer-pressure" from all of the fanatical mod-sick MANIACS here on the forum, and am getting the Ford Racing & Performance Package installed this week (CAI, 93 octane tune and GTA mufflers).
If I'm not completely satisfied with my new improved modded Stang, then I plan to drag each and every one or their sorry-asses in front of Judge Judy for a full refund..........[sm=exactly.gif] LOL
Old 01-22-2007, 01:57 AM
legendlime
2nd Gear Member

Nothsa,
If a Neon beats me, he earned it...
Remember when all those aircooled bugs were beating everything in sight for awhile? They left alot of Muscle car owners shaking thier heads...but I would still rather have a Roadrunner...
Was the Neon SRT-4 faster in stock form than my 06 Mustang GT? I don't know, but I bet that if one passes me, it probably isn't stock...I still wouldn't trade any Neon for my Mustang
Besides, the only thing worse than being beat by a Neon in your Mustang GT is being beat by a Neon after you spent $400 on a CAI and tune...And I bet there are some Neons out there that can do it, too!
If I really want to beat everybody at the green light, I'll just ride my Denco-chambered Kawasaki triple...
Chris
Old 01-22-2007, 02:16 AM
impaler
1st Gear Member

Mine is still 100% stock (save a K&N air filter)...but that's only because I've been figuring out what to do and saving $$. But I'm starting with a CAI, followed by headers and better exhaust, then a wider throttle body, pulleys, and then I might just see what the dyno tells me, and go from there.

I think leaving a Mustang GT completely stock is just not tapping into the real potential of our pony cars.

Quick Reply: Leaving it stock