Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Stilll stock except the Granatlli CAI....

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 04:22 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Default Stilll stock except the Granatlli CAI....

Splash guards. Runs Redline Oil, Tufoil in the engine and trans. Sounds really pretty when throttle is addressed.

Was driving careful today, recovering from the cold/flu thing going around everywhere. Decided to go to Half-Moon Bay California, took freeway and Hwy 92 instead of my usual back road blasting. "was driving careful today".

Getting on the freeway is always fun for a little throttle and acceleration. Was driving careful today, could have gotten on it more that I did, was still doing 85 MPH as I was watching for my entry point.

Too bad I wasn't seeing the CHP pair with radar on the right side of the road ahead of me. [:@] I did see one of them RUN towards his car. I did have the opportunity to meet him. [:@]He didn't give me a "break" on my MPH. [:@]

But my Screaming Yellow GT has darker than allowed tint. He did not mention. My GT does not sport a front California plate. He did not mention that.

Grues I'll take my ticket, if you wanna play, you gotta accept thepay on occasion. I'm somewhat happy I wasn't having as much fun getting on the freeway as I have had on other occasion. I'm a wee bit sorry I didn't hang the right onto the great "Skyline Blvd" Hwy 35 today since I was driving careful today. [:@]
Old 01-22-2007, 05:06 AM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Stilll stock except the Granatlli CAI....

sucks man. Fight it, i bet he won't show up.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:58 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fryguy22

sucks man. Fight it, i bet he won't show up.
Not so true anymore here in CA. They, as in the police authority, are being encouraged to go to court now. So you take your chances. And it is more difficult in other ways as well. You need solid proof, if not, and most likelhy the officer will show up, it can make it worse.

Anyways, sorry to hear you got caught, but like you said you were lucky that is all it was and that you pay to play. Sounds like a positive way to look at it.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:10 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

Just curious as I keep hearing about this, but what is the reason for needing to have front plates in CA?
Old 01-22-2007, 02:22 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 90lxstang

Just curious as I keep hearing about this, but what is the reason for needing to have front plates in CA?
...you have to have it in NY also...
Old 01-22-2007, 02:23 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 90lxstang

It is the law to have them, why they made it a law, I don't know. Probably tomake it easierto identify a vehicle if perhaps someone is in front of the vehicle.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:45 PM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

I see you ride a "scoot" also.

I ride an '04 FJR1300ABS with the Power Commander and Accel Pump function. Love to hear that thing rev also. Wanted to ride it yesterday, been awhile, but, still not well enough physically or mentally to be riding rocketships.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:57 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

Yep, 04 Triumph Daytona, Only real mod I put on is High Mount carbon fibre pipe for Trident(company is Wolf, made in England) and had the shop put the Triumph Off Road(TOR) tune on. That triple cylinder engine sounds awesome. I put on Pazzo levers, frame sliders and RPM gauge face plate and replaced the Bridgstones with the Michelin Pilot Powers, great tire. Sticks real well and warm up quick.

My last bike was an FZR600. Yamaha puts out some good bikes, but wanted something different.