Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

please post pics if you've installed lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 12:05 AM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Default RE: please post pics if you've installed lowering springs

Yeah it's weird. I have been looking through all kinds of pictures of Lowered Mustangs and it seems like The Eibach Pro kit either lowers you a little or a lot. Kind of strange to me. I hope mine looks good when I get the springs on
Old 01-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

This may be a stupid question, but what's the purpose of lowering your Mustang? I have problems now with going up and down certain drives without scraping under my front end. Does it make your car handle better?

Old 01-25-2007, 12:26 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

It will improve your handling a little, yes, but I think most people (myself included) just can't stand that embarrassing gap between the wheels and the wheel wells.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:48 PM
RetroS197
1st Gear Member

Come on! it's not that bad, do you really think people look and say DANG!! THAT STANG NEEDS SOME LOWERING SPRINGS, IT LOOKS HORRIBLE!! LOL jk.
ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

It will improve your handling a little, yes, but I think most people (myself included) just can't stand that embarrassing gap between the wheels and the wheel wells.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:05 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

Yes.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:31 PM
2GKT5
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RetroS197

Come on! it's not that bad, do you really think people look and say DANG!! THAT STANG NEEDS SOME LOWERING SPRINGS, IT LOOKS HORRIBLE!! LOL jk.
Actually, yes.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:10 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

It's a funny thing....every now and then a car just speaks to you. You can go on a dealer lot of all stock cars and one of them will appeal to you more than others. Sometimes it's a set of wheels that are 1" bigger, sometimes it's the way the paint reflects the light.

It's really tiny subtle things that catch your attention...like when you see a really hot girl. What is it that made you look? It's her sharp jawline, her high cheekbones, her bright eyes, her perfect nose. Whatever it is, she got your attention, and the little things add up to beauty.

A car is a lot like that. You have a lot of guys who slap on a bunch of crap to get attention, but something as simple as lowering a car a little more than an inch can make a HUGE difference. But if you're ok with the gap, then by all means keep it at the stock height. Your car should be beautiful to YOU...screw what everyone else thinks.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

I agree the lowered look is the way to go. My 06 got a new set this week. Steddas - along with a bunch of other mods... I hope to get her back Saturday with 425+ RWHP and ready to Rock an Roll!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 02:29 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2006GTSC

ORIGINAL: GT Premi

ORIGINAL: 2006GTSC

Eibach Pro-Kit
[/align][/align]Don't you mean Sportline? There's no way that's the Pro kit. I've got the Pro kit and it doesn't sit that low. Then again, I've got 18" wheels, too. But it still seems like yours is sitting too low. The wheel/fender gap seems to small to be the Pro kit.[/align]
I'm sure..i even have the box
[/align][/align]I guess the Pro kit does sit low like that. Here's a pic of mine. Never really noticed it sitting that low. Guess it looks different in pictures.[/align][/align]
Old 01-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Boss919
2nd Gear Member

I have the pro kit as well. Its just right.

Quick Reply: please post pics if you've installed lowering springs