Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

mustang #2

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 09:35 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: mustang #2

[quote]ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

I have a stick in both the lightning and the 07 GT and due to the stresses of my career I need to shift gears when I drive to keep me from those damn suicidal thoughts.......If you whine about shifting gears you've prolly never "hunted" for dinner

I USED to love shifting gears back in the day (had two small Bimmers and a rare Peugeot 504 Coupe with sticks), but as time went on and traffic got more and more congested every year, I started hating the constant shifting that accompanied it.
Forget about "suicidal" thoughts- I had frequent "homicidal" thoughts from having to put up with (and all too often get stuck behind) all the terrible drivers out there.
I used to be the original "poster child" for the term "Road Rage", but since I got an auto tranny, it's now become easier for me to mellow out a bit when stuck in traffic (note that I said "easier"- NOT "easy"!) and to just lean back with the "stick" in "drive" and listen to some soothing music (most definitely NOT recommended: stuff like "AC / DC"),
instead of beating the sh*t out of my poor abused manual tranny...
Just my .02 [sm=sigh.gif]

Old 01-24-2007, 09:50 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: callahan
Only you can answer this question.
Man law!!![8D]
Old 01-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Dumpweed
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FuriousGeorge

ORIGINAL: therobman7

I read the whole post and didn't see much besides opinions but i did get some insight from a fellow mustang owner... ofcourse first thing he said is "girl's car", then talked about tranny probs with previous mustangs, then somethin bout worse gas mileage because of the 4-speed automatic, and then he said "girl's car" again for emphasis...
ROFL! [sm=funnypostabove.gif]

I keep trying to get my girl to learn how to drive stick, but she adamantly refuses. Makes me sometimes wish I had an auto, but otherwise, F*CK THAT! (just out of personal preference )
Well i'm lucky, when we all go out, there is a group of 4 most of the time and move everyone refuses to sit in the back seat of the stang (oh darn). so looks like Evan get's S#%@ faced and the stang stays nice and safe back at the apartment.