Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Granatelli CAI

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 03:24 AM
rwdfan
2nd Gear Member

Default Granatelli CAI

Anyone have any experiences with these Granatelli Intakes? Supposedly they do not require a tuner to generate similar numbers to Steeda and other cai's with tuners. And I think they are cheaper. Anyone actually dynoed these or know of anybody that has had them on?
Old 01-23-2007, 04:57 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Granatelli CAI

you will see a small but noticeable gain. the good thing is you can remove their calibrated maf and add a tune later
Old 01-23-2007, 12:47 PM
sunguf
3rd Gear Member

I'll let you know how it comes out, tomorrow I'm getting mine shipped to me hopefully i see some number difference
Old 01-23-2007, 01:13 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

I've had it for several months. While I'm sure an intake + tune would be more noticeable, I could definitely tell the difference. I wanted to wait at least a little while before I got a tune. It looks a lot nicer than a lot of the other CAI's, too. At least IMO.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:19 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

This subject has been beaten to death!

[IMG]local://upfiles/50589/BE04B170463A4D7782D496E25472D98D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-23-2007, 04:11 PM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

I have the granatelli but with a tune ... idk what itd be like w/o a tune im sure youd see some noticable gains but if you want the full effect go with a tune
Old 01-23-2007, 07:37 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Nobody forced you to clickon the thread Pennywise- sometimes the searchfunction either doesn't work or newbies don't know about it.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:39 PM
LoLO
1st Gear Member

I have the Granateli CAI installed for several months now. you really will notice the difference. It looks good too thats for sure.
I am upgrading to 4.10gears, therefore I needed to buy a tuner so I did. Will I gain more power with a tune ? WhiteStallion did you get a custome tune ? I am receiving my SCT Xcalibrator 2 soon, what should I do ?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:58 AM
TElke1
2nd Gear Member

[sm=groupwave.gif] I love It
Old 01-24-2007, 03:27 PM
jas451

I've been researching this topic for months - and maybe it has been beat to death. Possibly there isn't a hairs difference between any of them. It seemed like every review, article, or
post I would read I would think "OK that's the one!" Several claim "no tune necessary"
does that mean from a performance standpoint where you get only marginal gains in which
case it's just a cosmetic add on. Or is there a chance you could do some damage to the engine?
I didn't want it to run too lean which was mentioned several times. I like the Granatelli alot
and even contacted Brenspeed and what their take on in it was. They said it's fine basically a
copy of the C&L but suggested not to their "cheap MAF". OK, I like the BBK, looked at
the AFE which has an enclosed airbox, like the C&L, the Steeda, Airaid, and Tunable Induction. I've got half a dozen magazine articles on comparison tests and installation. They
all take about 30-45 minutes to install. I finally came to the conclusion to go with a tune.
If I'm going to do this I might as well get the max benefit. I have a white GT w/black plenum
intake cover. I went with the Tunable Induction carbon fiber "Stealth" system. I'm getting
my tunes from Brenspeed. If you just re-tune, even with the stock air box, you'll get alot
of hp gain. It just seems like the S197 is so touchy I didn't want to do this w/o re-tuning.
I really like the Granatelli/BBK/C&L's (they all look very similar) but check out
www.TunableInduction.com I think it'll look pretty cool I'll post pics after I get it in.
It's on order, should get it sometime next week.

Quick Reply: Granatelli CAI