Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My F.R.P.P. Mods: UPDATE.....!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 11:34 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My F.R.P.P. Mods: UPDATE.....!!!

Newbie, did they pull the bs that you have to order the pacakge from them, register it online and wait like 2 weeks for the tuner and then go back and have them do the install? They gave me that line back in October, and seeing how i live up north, i wasn't about to make multiple trips for that...
Old 01-24-2007, 10:53 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Riven02

STOP POSTING AND GO BUY MORE MODS!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT EVEN SEE UDPS ON THERE!!!!!! GET GOIN!!!!! [sm=icon_beat.gif]

CAN'T buy any more mods right now cause they'll void my warranty, but check back with me in 3 years as I'll most likely be getting headers and UDPS.........

p.s. I learned to drive, back in the day, in my parents' Green 1967 model of your Red 289 pony........[sm=loveeyes.gif]
Old 01-24-2007, 10:56 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Captaincobalt

Gt Newbie,

It sounds like the modifications made a big difference for you. I have the same mods as you do plus the FRPP suspension package and 20" Foose wheels. I love the car and had the same concerns that you had with regards to being able to keep everything under warranty. My dealer has told me that as long as they did the installation that it would be covered under the warranty. Have fun and good luck!

Many thanks Capt., I intend to...........[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 01-24-2007, 11:05 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Drop Top 06

Newbie, did they pull the bs that you have to order the pacakge from them, register it online and wait like 2 weeks for the tuner and then go back and have them do the install? They gave me that line back in October, and seeing how i live up north, i wasn't about to make multiple trips for that...

Well, I did have to wait several days for the tuner to come in because it's specially ordered from Ford after the dealer first pulls your processor so they do the tune for YOUR specific car, and then it must be registered so that they will have an official record for any future warranty issues.
I don't think that's "bs"at all - it's just the way that Ford wants them to do it so that everything's "official".
Fortunately for me, I only live about 25 minutes away from the dealer (actually, NOW it's only about 19 minutes.. ), so it wasn't a problem going back there when they were ready to do the install.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:40 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

[/quote]
GT Newbie, glad you love the FRPP Power Pack! I love it too!!!

[/quote]

Head over heels Jim!! Third best decision I ever made in my life (#1 and #2, in no particular order, were marrying my lovely wife, and buying a 2007 Mustang GT, and I refuse to say which of those two is ranked #1 on the grounds that it may incriminate me..........[sm=signs007.gif]
Old 01-24-2007, 07:28 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

Man, thanks a lot for the update. I'm very happy that you're enjoying your "new" ride.

I think I need to look into the GTA mufflers. I installed the SLP loudmouths a couple of days ago. They were cool for a bit, but after driving 30 miles now I just couldn't stand it anymore. Maybe I'm getting too old [8D]. The GTA sounds like a good compromise. Are they louder than stock? I'm looking for a bit louder and aggressive than stock, but not as loud as the SLP.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:00 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sycd

Man, thanks a lot for the update. I'm very happy that you're enjoying your "new" ride.

I think I need to look into the GTA mufflers. I installed the SLP loudmouths a couple of days ago. They were cool for a bit, but after driving 30 miles now I just couldn't stand it anymore. Maybe I'm getting too old [8D]. The GTA sounds like a good compromise. Are they louder than stock? I'm looking for a bit louder and aggressive than stock, but not as loud as the SLP.

For me they are PERFECT (nothing at all to do with getting "too old"- just with having a really good sense of hearing, and going nuts from having to tolerate a loud annoying constant drone while simply cruising).
Of course, people who got the Shaker 500 (not to mention the 1000!) and regularly blast Major Decibels into that tiny little space will most probably become SO deaf in a few short years that they'll barely be able to even hear the "SLP loudmouths" at full throttle- but that's another story........[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Be that as it may, I just LOVE the louder (and deeper!) roar the GTA's make at WOT, and at the same time they're only v e r y slightly louder than stock when at idle or cruising.

[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/A7B9621599714D0184CA343AC5FC9BC7.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-24-2007, 08:34 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie
For me they are PERFECT (nothing to do with getting "too old"- has more to do with a really good sense of hearing, and going nuts from having to suffer with a loud drone when simply cruising).
Of course, people who got the Shaker 500 (not to mention the 1000!) and regularly blast Major Decibels into that tiny little space will most probably become SO deaf in a few short years that they'll barely be able to even hear the "SLP loudmouths" at full throttle........[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Be that as it may, I just LOVE the louder (and deeper!) roar the GTA's make at WOT, and at the same time they're only v e r y slightly louder than stock when at idle or cruising.
You convinced me to give them a try, I just ordered a set. My 2 year old also loves to go for a ride in daddy's Mustang, and I don't want him to go deaf []

Exhausts are so subjective, it might take me a couple of iterations to find what I really like. Hopefully the GTAs are the ones!
Old 01-24-2007, 11:03 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

I think im goign to buy the gta; i heard them in person. and thats what i want. something a little bit lounder and much deeper. and they look 10x better.

Kinda pricy though.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:26 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

GTA's pricy??

What are you comparing them too?

They are about 275-300 which is about the cheapest set of mufflers for the car.

Quick Reply: My F.R.P.P. Mods: UPDATE.....!!!