Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

sick of this fuc king bullsh!it; need to sell car...HELP

Old 01-23-2007, 11:46 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: sick of this fuc king bullsh!it; need to sell car...HELP

ORIGINAL: gconnsr

In your first post, you said the rpm went from 3200 to 5800 before the car kicked in. The engine is doing what it should, the clutch is slipping. It's really just that simple. It sounds like you are very hard on your car (it does this at least once a day) When you drive the **** out of a car, **** breaks! If you can't pay, don't play. Good luck with your new Camaro, I've had many. Mustangs and Camaros are both good cars. I'm sure you will be just as unhappy. What comes after that? Rice? That **** breaks too!
it went from 3200 to 5800 at what seemed like half throttle. then it punched in. the engine didn't just rev; the car was accelerating accordingly. i can't explain this enough.

the. clutch. is. not. slipping.

and when i say once a day, i mean it lags once a day ish. i don't do WOT runs every day. usually i notice it in second gear under moderate throttle. i dont baby the car, but i definetly don't drive it hard enough every day to break it.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:02 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

but this is just ****ing unacceptable. i didn't give up my life savings and slave away 3+ years at 45 hours a week while not going out on weekeds for this ****. i can't ****ing believe it. i'm so dissapointed with this car right now; i cannot even put it into words. im disgusted. the stealership won't help me; theres almost zero chance ill be able to recreate the problem for them.

if i cannot find a solution within one month, and this bull**** doesn't stop, my car will go up on autotrader and i will be buying an LS1 Camaro; pending if my parents let me do that (the car isn't even titled in my name[:@][:@][:@]).

The fact that you had to spend your life saving on it, do yourself a favor sell it and get a kia...
The simple fact is if you can barely afford the car, you should not be ******* it and modding it.. How do you plan to pay to fix it when you break something.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:24 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vsop

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

but this is just ****ing unacceptable. i didn't give up my life savings and slave away 3+ years at 45 hours a week while not going out on weekeds for this ****. i can't ****ing believe it. i'm so dissapointed with this car right now; i cannot even put it into words. im disgusted. the stealership won't help me; theres almost zero chance ill be able to recreate the problem for them.

if i cannot find a solution within one month, and this bull**** doesn't stop, my car will go up on autotrader and i will be buying an LS1 Camaro; pending if my parents let me do that (the car isn't even titled in my name[:@][:@][:@]).

The fact that you had to spend your life saving on it, do yourself a favor sell it and get a kia...
The simple fact is if you can barely afford the car, you should not be ******* it and modding it.. How do you plan to pay to fix it when you break something.
i have some money saved up for exactly that. thats y its taking me so long to pay off the last 2G.

in a way, your right, dumping all the money i had into this car may have not been the brightest idea. but hey, i wanted it, i worked for it, i got it. all on my own. i really don't wan't this to turn into some kind of flame fest. take it at face value; i had some trouble with the car; don't start judging me because of the circumstances.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:38 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Well you first post was nothing but a rant and you are the one that posted that you spent your life savings on the car.. It was not me that posted it..

I'm judging you based on your post. You can't expect its the cars fault or the dealers when you have added mods to it and dogged the car. Its one thing if something fails or breaks that you have not messed with, but you are now talking about the cars performance.. Which YOU changed.. not ford. So if you want to bitch about it don't take it to ford. Call up the guy you had tune it and see what he tells you.

The term pay to play defines car modding. Everything has an initial cost, but its the cost down the road that everyone forgets. Realize that once you go from being stock to modded to even more modded the car is harder and hard to diagnose. If you want to get to the bottom of it remove your mods.. See if it happens when stock.. (other then the normal stock impossed limits). If it drives the same way it was stock, problem found.. Its your mods..
Old 01-24-2007, 12:50 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT
Take it into a mechanic, I am stock, and do not have that problem...
i thought you had intake and a tune?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:53 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Arwing

who me? or him?
Old 01-24-2007, 11:51 AM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

Ease up on the kid...geez. He wansn't asking for financial advice was he? He wants to know, from our experiences, (modded or stock) if we've had any similar issues and what we have done to fix it.

When did this lag start? How many miles are on the car? Do you notice any other symptoms? Have you tried putting it back to stock?

I wish you luck as I know this is frustrating. Keep us informed of your progress.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

Hey Bro,
Give me a call!Our guy with the Supercharger set up just fixed a new guys Mustangin the club with his tuner!Not the same problem as you but our guy knows his **** & can probally fix it for free!Thats what HELLAFIED is all about,,Mustang Brotherhood!So get in touch with me!
Old 01-24-2007, 06:43 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Norse1974

Hey Bro,
Give me a call!Our guy with the Supercharger set up just fixed a new guys Mustangin the club with his tuner!Not the same problem as you but our guy knows his **** & can probally fix it for free!Thats what HELLAFIED is all about,,Mustang Brotherhood!So get in touch with me!

lol...............well im gonna do some testing today to further ascertain what the problem is. gonna do all kinds of runs from/to all kinds of speeds; see if i can figure it out. i don't have an actual handheld programmer; mine is just the Xcal1.
I'm starting to think more and more that i just had the tcs on. it felt a little dlifferent; but usually if it lags, it only does it once, and not consistently.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:50 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: Arwing

I was about to order it and my dad said no because of grades... That was like 4 months ago [&:]

@American, Your car wouldn't dog around with TCS on as far as I know. It would just kick in whenever your tires start to spin.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sick of this fuc king bullsh!it; need to sell car...HELP