Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

sick of this fuc king bullsh!it; need to sell car...HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 07:41 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: sick of this fuc king bullsh!it; need to sell car...HELP

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

im gonna go a different way..................

sell it for an LS1, you can get them for under 15k, so you figure you get atleast 20k for yours, save about 3k and then put on a LID and catback and your in the 12s. not to mention insurance will be cheaper, and gas will be about the same

very good idea. id be lying if i say i hadn't thought of it. even though i paid for 91% of the car; its still titled in my parents name, and i am not allowed to sell it. like, ever. ain't that a bitch. no matter what happens with it, we have to hold on to it for like 5 years. not saying this is bad, its a great car, but like if this problem repeats itself, then we are gonna have a problem.

i went out and did a bit of testing. i reloaded the tune first; did part throttle (normal acc), heavy throttle, and WOT runs in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear from various speeds with and without the traction control on. with the tcs off; i was unable to replicate the problem; with the TCS on, i got similar results to what happened that day. second gear sometimes seemed a little iffy under moderate throttle at low RPMs (2500 ish)

then i returned it all back to stock and repeated the tests. the terrible lag was back with a vengeance. i had just such a lag that i couldn't really do the tests accurately in a way to compare them to with the mods. it made me realize once again how much of a difference the tune made.

my verdict? i have come to realize that most likely; i had the traction control on. the results i got were extremely close to what i experienced before. i am deciding that it is more likely i had a brain fart and forgot to turn the TCS off than my car having an inexplicable lag. that's my story; and im sticking to it. since that incident i have had no such lags, and due to the consistencies of the lag the first time; i think logic dictates that only one solution can make sense.

bchataroo, yea, its interesting how this car acts when its burning the hides; especially 1st to 2nd WOT upshift. i wont hear the tires spinning; nor any roughness from it, but they're spinnin alright, and when i look back i can confirm this by the nice 5 foot tiremarks. and little bit of smoke.

to once again confirm that it is not my clutch slipping, i put it in 5th gear at various speeds (40, 60, 80) and floored it. the linkage was tight; not the slightest bit of slippage.

thing is, i know my car extremely well. i can tell exactly how it's running; whats different about it; can feel the difference after a simple oil change; if tire pressures are different; etc.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:00 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Zellanor

****, I WISH MY PARENTS WOULD BUY ME A NEW STANG! MUST BE NICE TO STILL BE ON THE TIT!!!!!
suck it, noob. i paid for 91% of this car. so shove it up your ***.

i think maybe i may have looked to much into this "incident;" maybe scrutinizing the car too much.
im just glad i figured it out now.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:15 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

there is some way to fix the throttle lag, i cant think of exactly how to do it though, something like turn the key to ACC then push the gas down gently for 5 seconds till WOT then let off and do it again[&:]i remember someone saying it actually works, cant remember exactly how to do it though
Old 01-25-2007, 08:29 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

there is some way to fix the throttle lag, i cant think of exactly how to do it though, something like turn the key to ACC then push the gas down gently for 5 seconds till WOT then let off and do it again[&:]i remember someone saying it actually works, cant remember exactly how to do it though
well now that i have the tune, it really doesn't matter to do that little trick i don't think. the lag, under normal circumstances with the tune, is pretty much gone.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Zellanor
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

ORIGINAL: Zellanor

****, I WISH MY PARENTS WOULD BUY ME A NEW STANG! MUST BE NICE TO STILL BE ON THE TIT!!!!!
suck it, noob. i paid for 91% of this car. so shove it up your ***.

Thats not a very nice thing to say. I would like to be the bigger man and appologize for my words on a earlier post.

i think maybe i may have looked to much into this "incident;" maybe scrutinizing the car too much.
im just glad i figured it out now.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:18 AM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

Glad to hear you got it figured out!Are you coming up to Towers On Fri night?Ive got a guy you may want to run!Has an 06 with a 93 tune and SLP L/Ms.Pretty similar to your ride!
Old 01-26-2007, 03:06 PM
sweet99
4th Gear Member

Brent sets up custom tunes. If you changed anu parameters that could have caused the problem as I had something similar happen to me with a tune. mark
Old 01-27-2007, 02:23 AM
GS2006

I hope you are mad at yourself, and not the manufacturer. If you make all kinds of changes to the car(ie: tune, etc.), and abuse it, how can you expect Ford to be the "Bad Guy". It sounds like your problem is "Self-Inflicted"......
Old 01-28-2007, 12:16 PM
GTR1

Try this one on for size. I just had it happen on my 06 GT Manual.
The OEM Rear end is a 3.55 limited slip, It uses clutchpacks to give you the slip when you need it. However, I had only 1250 miles on my stang when I discovered a lose of power to the rearwheels. I took into my dealer and we went for a ride and I showed him what it was doing. We found a TSB that Ford has issued about replacing the Factory packs with Carbon packs to solve the problem. And it did.
The clutch pack is sold by FRPP but if your car is still under warranty Ford will cover it.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:02 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

How do you know if your clutch is slipping?