Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Side Exhaust.... Need info & Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 10:32 PM
John06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default Side Exhaust.... Need info & Pics!!

Been thinking about gettin side exhaust on my GT... Howevera respectful shop told me that I wouldn't want to do it because it's very restrictive. Any one have any HP or Torque loss with putting on the exhaust?? Right now I have an x-pipe and axle-back system, would the Side exhaust put out more or less than those two? Also, if you have pics please post them! Thanks a lot, in advance!!!
Old 01-24-2007, 12:06 AM
John06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Side Exhaust.... Need info & Pics!!

Alright come on guys.... I know there's a couple of you with side exhaust, I've seen a white one, and a few elanor kit ones (all of which, including the white one, are VERY nice cars)... Please help me out here!
Old 01-24-2007, 02:23 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Hey man sorry i just got on here ... and yes ive heard that the side exhaust does restrictflow bc it has bends but ive seen a few dyno numbers from people with side exhaust and it didnt seem to effect their numbers compared to people with axle backs.... it sounds amazing and looks awesome if it does effect numbers itd prob only be one or two Hp nothing that you could feel... seat to pants it doesnt feel any different than the axle backs ...

If you want anymore pixs or have anymore questions just PM me . Its a fairly good setup but their are some tricks with the install. But nothing you couldnt do it a few hours ..... If you look at the stock exhaust the pipe exhaust goes completely over the back axle and then back down the side exhaust is basically the same thing just turned on the side.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:45 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

[align=left]I will be adding the side exhaust in the spring when I take my car out of storage.
Here is an underneith pic of the exhaust. It's all mandrel bent and doesn't look too restrictive. I couldn't see losing more than 1 or 2 hp if any at all.

[/align][align=left] [/align]
Old 01-24-2007, 02:53 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Why does that look so curvy? Couldnt you move the mufflers and bend the pipes sideways right before that black thing instead of running all the way around it?
Old 01-24-2007, 03:08 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

I bet all that extra piping behind the muffler make for a very nicedeep rumble
Old 01-24-2007, 03:16 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Why does that look so curvy? Couldnt you move the mufflers and bend the pipes sideways right before that black thing instead of running all the way around it?
If you ran the exhaust before the gas tank, you would have no room for the magnaflow mufflers that are the stainless cylinders in the pic. It also wouldn't allow you to run your choice of H or X pipe. You would have to have a custom one.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:25 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Newbreedgt05

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

If you ran the exhaust before the gas tank, you would have no room for the magnaflow mufflers that are the stainless cylinders in the pic. It also wouldn't allow you to run your choice of H or X pipe. You would have to have a custom one.
So in other words, if I didnt want the mufflers at all, then I could just have a muffler shop mandrel bend some pipe and attach it right after the xpipe and it could cut straight out right before the gas tank?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:38 PM
John06GT
2nd Gear Member

Thanks all for the info! How much am I expecting to pay for the whole system installed and everything?
Old 01-24-2007, 03:27 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

I have the C300 kit with the sides also. Magnaflow with cats......do NOT cut your cats. I had a Tungsten C300 before this and had the cats cut. It was so loud you could barely carry on a conversation at normal speeds......redneck loud. Believe me it is plenty loud enough with the magnaflows and cats.

Quick Reply: Side Exhaust.... Need info & Pics!!