MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   Best Overall Supercharger or Turbo?? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/236367-best-overall-supercharger-or-turbo.html)

John06GT 01-26-2007 11:14 AM

RE: Best Overall Supercharger

ok so what about the turbos?? what are the pros and cons of them??

---I've always wanted turbos :D

PRGT 01-26-2007 11:40 AM

Which is the cheapest between saleen, kenne bell and whiple?

swensicle 01-26-2007 11:57 AM

I almost hate when these discussions come up because I keep fluctuating between which blower I should get. It's still a while off, but I just recently had decided that I would just go the cheap route and get a vortech centri, but now you're making me think I should go with my original plan of a whipple.

Maybe I'll just stay N/A and waste some money on LT's and the FAST intake or something. I suppose the FAST intake will void the warranty anyway. Am I right?

GT Premi 01-26-2007 12:24 PM

The FAST intake isn't available yet, is it?

swensicle 01-26-2007 12:36 PM

Not yet....I don't think so anyway.

moosestang 01-26-2007 02:09 PM

How many of you guys pushing this kind of power can afford to replace the block incase a rod fails?

Does the whipple have a 5psi pulley?

So of the three twin screws which is the easiest to install? I'm think saleen, but maybe whipple.

ORIGINAL: silverstang06

whipple...

i'm putting out 483 rwhp at 9 psi with mine.

forensicsteve 01-26-2007 03:08 PM

Procharger doesn't seem to be the most popular, judging by the above posts....but that's the one I chose for 2 reasons. Boost comes in late, so driving around town at low rpms is like driving stock (daily driver). The Prochargers are easily upgradeable to much higher boost levels. I cannot comment on any other system...they may be better. Regardless of flavor you choose, the tune is critical. A dyno-tune is a must. My tuner wants toupgrade my MAF to safely go up a little on the rpms which are presently limited to 6100. Rwhp should increase to 500. Even with the dyno-tune, my stock internals may be on borrowed time, so I am planning on built engine, but want to change transmission first.

silverstang06 01-26-2007 05:18 PM

ORIGINAL: moosestang

How many of you guys pushing this kind of power can afford to replace the block incase a rod fails?

Does the whipple have a 5psi pulley?

So of the three twin screws which is the easiest to install? I'm think saleen, but maybe whipple.

ORIGINAL: silverstang06

whipple...

i'm putting out 483 rwhp at 9 psi with mine.

i dont think you have to worry about the block unless your going 500+ hp fellas

the mechanic that did my install said that he had never seen a kit as nice as the whipple, and he has a KB on his truck.

Wally39 01-26-2007 05:52 PM

How much is that at the rear wheels? I want as much as possible at the rear wheels without worrying about my engine going pop.

RED121572 01-26-2007 06:36 PM

RE: Best Overall Supercharger or Turbo??

Ok, seems that alot of us have an opinion on this, so Ill throw mine in here as well.

I think you might want todecidewhere in the RPM range you want the power. Then ask around to see what your options are. ::D

Let us know what you decide!