Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New GT owner, Loving Life.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 11:09 PM
southernmaine

Default RE: New GT owner, Loving Life.

Nice to read this. I've been considering trading up from my sixer, which I love but wish it had more of a kick. I know there's more HP in the GT, but have wondered if it's that big a deal. I have an 1800cc bike that sets me right back when I throttle up and the Stang 6 seems so tame after a bike ride. I realize a Mustang GT is not going to beFord GTin the torque dept, but I'm hoping the "WOW" factor would be up a few notches from the 6.

Anyway, enjoy your ride!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:01 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Congrats....like you I am a recent convert. Now I can't imagine why I didn't try sooner.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:07 AM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

I'm coming from the same boat. Had an 05 Vert V6 auto, traded in and got a manual 07 GT, grinning from ear to ear now, and these guys are all very right,a tune+CAI is friggin awesome with these cars. To whomever asked the wow factor question: I had pretty much every bolt on on my V6 and was running 4.10s, no nitrous, or F/I. The stock GT was much much meatier haha, ripping through the 1,2,3 is just awesome. Now i'm considering F/I on this one haha. Its def worth it while your driving, but then when you sit back and know that you screwed yourself trading in....ah oh well, it was worth it ha.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:07 AM
impaler
1st Gear Member

FirePower,
congrats! I traded by '05 V6 convertible for a '06 GT, and the upgrade has been tremendous. I always enjoyed the 6er, but I always wished I went with the non-convertible GT, which was about the same price in '05. I just completed my first mod tonight, a cold air induction, and the difference is really impressive. K&N guarantees 15hp gains, and I took it on the highway, and noticed not only a better sound upon acceleration, but just overall more response.

Good move brother!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:10 AM
impaler
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

She stalled it a couple of times but she's getting the hang of it, which, by the way, gives me a big boner.
LOL....Maybe that's why she kept stalling it.....

Congrats on your new baby. Do the CAI and Tune. It will wake that bad boy up like you will not believe. And you can get an 87 octane tune for your CAI.

Nice job,
Mike
Okay, everyone talks about the "tune". What are we talking about exactly? I just installed the CAI, and was gonna do long headers and exhaust next...but what is the "tune"? Who does it? How much is it?
Old 01-29-2007, 12:22 AM
FirePower
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: impaler

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

She stalled it a couple of times but she's getting the hang of it, which, by the way, gives me a big boner.
LOL....Maybe that's why she kept stalling it.....

Congrats on your new baby. Do the CAI and Tune. It will wake that bad boy up like you will not believe. And you can get an 87 octane tune for your CAI.

Nice job,
Mike
Okay, everyone talks about the "tune". What are we talking about exactly? I just installed the CAI, and was gonna do long headers and exhaust next...but what is the "tune"? Who does it? How much is it?
google "xcal" or "predator" with "mustang tuner" and you should get lots of results. It's a computer that changes the settings on your car's computer. Fuel-to-air mixture, rev limiter, shift points (for auto) etc. They are generally used with a CAI cause the good intakes require a leaner air-fuel ratio. cost on an average unit is about $350 I think for the computer alone, but it's been a while since I looked at them...
Old 01-29-2007, 12:52 AM
Zellanor
2nd Gear Member

Congrats,

It's a hell of a good feeling driving one of these beautiful pieces of AMERICAN craftsmanship. I had mine for a year now and everytime I think about driving it I SMILE. **** I LOVE that car more than my wife!! almost
Old 01-29-2007, 01:16 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: Jerseyfury2

get an intake and tune if you don't mind voiding your warranty.

Or, since you have a brand new '07, you can do what I did and get the official Ford "FRPP" ("racing & performance package"), which includes an intake, 93 octane tune, plus GTA mufflers with 4 inch rolled tips.
At $1362 (grand total) it IS more expensive than other similar packages, BUT, your 3 yr / 36,000 mile warranty will NOT be voided.