Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Very Embarassed

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Dastang01
1st Gear Member

Default Very Embarassed

So The 2nd day I got my brand new '07 GT i was backing it out of the garage, hit a ice pactch and slid right into my dads work van. The only damage done to the car were some minor scratches. I will get pics up this weekend when I have time to load them off my camera. Since I live in cleveland the weather sucks and i am now afraid to take it up to get fixed until the weather is nice. I feel like a moron 27 miles on the car and I already have to take it to get repainted. anyone else do something stupid like that when they first got there car?? I guess this teaches me a lesson. Mustang + Ice = no good. Oh by the way got the car Jan 26th 2007, wrecked Jan. 29 2007.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:36 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Very Embarassed

wow.....[sm=closed.gif]
Old 01-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

ouch[:@]
Old 01-30-2007, 11:44 PM
GrabberOrange07
2nd Gear Member

Gee, I thought my ticket on theway home from the dealership was bad!! Sorry to hear that. She'll be fine.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:50 PM
GTJUNKIE
2nd Gear Member

I flipped my 2 week old YZF-R6 doing a burn out. 3000.00 in damage before I made the first payment.
**** HAPPENS Then we fix it and do it again!!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 01:23 AM
Black Sunshine 07
2nd Gear Member

i feel ya man. last fall i had my car down in the yard detailing it before we went out that night and i got in to back out of the yard as always not even thinking about my girlfriends covertible being in my spot in the driveway. didn't do a thing to mine but had to replace her door. wasn't funny at the time but after it happened i rolled out of my car and was "dry-heaving" in my front yard. good thing i live in the country with no neighbors! keep your head up man
Old 01-31-2007, 04:59 AM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

One night during the late summer a storm was rolling in and their were reports of hail. So i decided to pull the car underneath the carport. It's not a wide space so i had to pull a little more to the right so i can open the long door without banging it against the side of the house. In doing so i pulled it too far ahead forgetting the large gas grill was in the way. I heard the awful noise of it rubbing up against my fender. I put a nice 5-6 inch scratch and 2 small dents in the right fender. All the while trying to protect it from hail that never came! So i had it repainted and fixed and cost me a nice $550 plus a day for a rental car.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:12 AM
swata
2nd Gear Member

We've all done it sometime or another.. When I bought my 96' firebird I spun it, slammed it a curband cracked one of the rims less than 1/4 after driving it offthe lot. We live and learn..
Old 01-31-2007, 11:46 AM
impaler
1st Gear Member

That sucks man. I have a similar story. I got my GT back last September, and on Nov 30, I was driving on crappy roads, and hyper aware (apparently not enough!) of the conditions. I decided to take the highway to get to my house, rather than the back roads, figuring they were safer. Until I hit an overpass, and totally lost control on an ice patch. Spun around over two full turns, ***-end of the car hit a concrete barrier. No airbag deployment, of course, but I was afraid to see the damage. I figured the entire rear end was destroyed. I was pleasantly surprised to get home and find the rear end wasn't that bad...bent the left tail pipe, and the rear bumper was bent with the rear quarter panel. It was in the body shop for three weeks, and looks good as new again. It was the ONE time I didn't take the Jeep out during snow. Never again. Retarded move on my part.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:51 PM
FirePower
1st Gear Member

A while back in my '05 V6 I tried to squeeze between two tall construction "cones" (the big tall squarish ones). Stang mirror got knocked right off, hanging by the 'lectric wires. The sound was aweful and I was embarrassed as hell. At those kind of moments you feel like everyone is watching even if there is no-one around. Anyway, 1/4 tube of epoxy later and Shazam, good as new. One time I hit a curbon a slow turn and felt like an idiot only to find out later I lost one of my stupid "spinnners".Damn minivan rims!

Quick Reply: Very Embarassed