Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First encounter with the Big bad GTO.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 11:30 PM
BlitzKrieg

Default RE: First encounter with the Big bad GTO.

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

there you go! -

I know you can tell them apart by the exhaust (assuming it's factory) I wanna say the earlier one has dual pipes that exit next to each other and the later one has them split like ours. We can take the early model with a few mods. The later one is hella-fast. I've had my pee-pee whacked more than once by those guys lol
2004 GTO

2005 GTO

2006 GTO

The only real way to tell if it was a 350bhp LS1 or the 400bhp LS2 is the hood and rear. The stock '05-07 Mustang GT can easily beat the 2004 GTO's in stock form. The main reason being is the GTO is quite hefty, the curb weight comes in at a staggering 3725lbs where as the 2005 GT comes in at a light weight by comparison of 3483lbs. Anyway just wanted to post some stuff, now back t reading.

P.S. I don't own a Mustang...yet. I do plan on buying either a 2001-2003 Cobra or a 2007 GT--probablly the '07 GT since I get D-plan at work.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:06 AM
Black Sunshine 07
2nd Gear Member

still a good kill even if it was an ls1 powered gto. anything equipped with an ls1 is a bad machine, they're just straight up wicked (even if they have a couple hundred pounds on the mustang)
Old 02-02-2007, 01:28 AM
BlkGT07
1st Gear Member

This might have come down to the driver. Some people drive 'vettes but won't go over 100.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:13 AM
blk05stang
2nd Gear Member

My friends 05 GTO put down 343rwhp stock. You are putting down 336 according to your sig and have a huge weight advantage here. If he was stock I'm surprised you didn't pull on him pretty good. I would say he had an intake/tune at least.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:57 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

staying in front of him in a car that cost 10 grand less is all that matters........................
Old 02-02-2007, 03:44 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flewbyu

johnnyv8
god; how fast where you guys going?

w/ your modds; you would kill a stock gto. so i would say it wasnt stock.
You know I never even looked at the speedo, I only looked ahead to see how much time I had to stay on it and looked back to see where he was? Hard to tell reading words I know but it was very short lived. It does not take much to get to 5th. First time I had a chance to get on it in several months. Judging by the tint and money he spent on those horrible looking 20's I would say its a good chance he has invested in something else too. I don't remember seeing an exhaust as he drove past, I difinatly could not hear one. ROARRR

RodeoFlyer--
at 400 horsepower, a stock GTO can hang with you. there are lots of unknown factors - how much weight was in his car, his tune/mods. they are a very fast car stock
I was runny all kinds of scenarios in my head afterwards. Did he have a full tank? I already new he had a passenger, I assume the 20's played a role but dunno. Spent allot of time thinking about it afterwards. I know I only had 40 miles to E based on the warning chime but other than that dunno? Wonder how much he lost through drivetrain? Wonder how much they run to the ground? Wonder if he was stock? We will meet again because now I'm looking for him in that area! He was feeling confident because he sought me out once he saw me and started moving up. Sucker!
At what speed do you normally top out in 4th before you hit 5th?

I top out in 3rd gear at just over 100mph. I don't even know where 4th tops out on my car (3.55 rear end). If you topped out in 4th, even with your 4.10s, you must have been flying.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:56 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

4.10's top out at 110 -115 in mine. Although like he said, at that speed, it's more important to be watching the road.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:21 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

BlitzKrieg---Thanks for the pix! Saved me some time looking for them. Good to see them side by side. Now that I see the pix I at least know what the two look like. I'm replaying in my mind and it did have the hood scoop on it. Thanks again for the side by side pix!

Black Gt--
At what speed do you normally top out in 4th before you hit 5th?

I top out in 3rd gear at just over 100mph. I don't even know where 4th tops out on my car (3.55 rear end). If you topped out in 4th, even with your 4.10s, you must have been flying.
Yes, we were diffinatley flying. As mentioned I did not look at speedo but I know when the car hits redline. You guys with 4.10's know that it will keep pulling for dear life before it tops out so I would say 110ish. I will do a test over the weekend on the next dry day to see what speed exactly it was.

Rodeo--
staying in front of him in a car that cost 10 grand less is all that matters........................
Yeahhhhh man! Exactly half a car. Didn't go any further, didn't loose anything.

blk05stang---
My friends 05 GTO put down 343rwhp stock. You are putting down 336 according to your sig and have a huge weight advantage here. If he was stock I'm surprised you didn't pull on him pretty good. I would say he had an intake/tune at least.
Thats the info I wanted, I think so too!

BlkGT07--
This might have come down to the driver. Some people drive 'vettes but won't go over 100.
Oh he did not hesitate to go full out. He was not scared.....

Old 02-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Mach
3rd Gear Member

hahah sick man nice work!
Old 02-02-2007, 05:43 PM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Nice work walker... glad to see ya back hadnt heard from ya in awhile

Quick Reply: First encounter with the Big bad GTO.