Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Axle Back Exhaust Advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 11:11 AM
twoaces

Default Axle Back Exhaust Advice

I want to add a more throaty exhaust and have called Meinke about the Flowmaster mufflers. The cost is $280.00 Is that a good price and exactly what should I ask for? Been jacking around too long with out getting it done. Just need to know what to do to it...
Old 02-02-2007, 12:36 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Axle Back Exhaust Advice

If that's the installed price, and they're the ATs then yes, i'd say it's a good price. For advice though, I'd recommend listening to as many sound clips and actual cars first before you make a decision. There are over a dozen AB out there, all with their own unique qualities.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:26 PM
dborne
1st Gear Member

thats definatly a good price installed
Old 02-02-2007, 03:37 PM
twoaces

Thanks, I just do not want to get something and be dissapointed. I will check out the clips. Are there many versions of Flowmasters?
Old 02-02-2007, 05:37 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Flowmaster makes a lot of different systems, but they make one system that is special for the 05-07 mustangs. It doesnt require any welding, its a bolt on system. I have it and I installed it myself in about an hour. It sounds awesome! When listening to clips let me point something out. Sound clips just dont do any system justice. Believe me when I say my system doesnt sound much like any clip I heard. Its louder and deeper. Good luck.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:28 PM
impaler
1st Gear Member

So,
money isn't a huge object (well, it is, but I'm willing to rack up some debt), and I want to get an awesome sound. Axleback is essentially just replacing the mufflers, right? I want to do headers and the whole deal, but I want to ensure I'm reducing enough exhaust manifold pressure and it's worth it. I want a kick-*** sound, solid, deep and fun.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:00 PM
buddha211
2nd Gear Member

I have the SLP Loudmouth AB and couldn't be more happy with it. lmperformance or SLP may still have the video clip w/audio of the exhaust. I love the sound and others definitely notice it too without pissing of my neighbors (too much).
Old 02-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: buddha211

I have the SLP Loudmouth AB and couldn't be more happy with it. lmperformance or SLP may still have the video clip w/audio of the exhaust. I love the sound and others definitely notice it too without pissing of my neighbors (too much).
Is it as loud as people say or do they exaggerate?
Old 02-02-2007, 08:56 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Stop DO NOT go to Mienke and let them install Flowmasters on your car. Most likely they are going to make a generic Flowmaster fit and weld them on. This is not needed as the stock muffler and most quality aftermarket replacements simply unbolt and then re bolt on. If you want something with good sound save your money and get the Borla Stingers, The Corsa's or what ever else you choose but do not go to Mienke and let them hack your car.

Richard
Old 02-02-2007, 09:11 PM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

I paid about $600 for my Bassanis - do some research before buying.

Quick Reply: Axle Back Exhaust Advice