Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

got rear ended..........UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 01:34 AM
baginoman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: got rear ended.

hope she gets fixed soon man[:-]
Old 02-03-2007, 01:48 AM
kingsmate20
1st Gear Member

Glad to hear that you're ok man! It's amazing how a car brings people together. It's more than just a car though, something only Mustang owners can understand. Still a newbie, but owning a Mustang has been my dream since I was a little dude. Hope you get you're new exhaust!
Old 02-03-2007, 03:59 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

well i have a question. i got hit pretty hard; i was stopped and got hit at like 30 MPH. theres not too much damage to the bumper, and i didn't get pushed too far; but the shock had to be absorbed somewhere, right?

my bumper could not have pushed onto the quarter panel; the bumper is plastic and the panel is metal. but my left rear quarter panel is crumpled pretty bad as you can see; along the entire length of it; and down at the bottom as well.

how likely is it that i have frame damage? im really concerned now. when i drove the car home; it felt kinda funny; almost like my alignment was off. what happens if i have frame damage? can they fix it? is it worth it to fix it?

if i have frame damage, the car is gonna get sold[:@][:@][:@][:@].
i won't get another one and won't be compensated in the near future[:@][:@][:@]

****damnit

Old 02-03-2007, 01:20 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

well i have a question. i got hit pretty hard; i was stopped and got hit at like 30 MPH. theres not too much damage to the bumper, and i didn't get pushed too far; but the shock had to be absorbed somewhere, right?

my bumper could not have pushed onto the quarter panel; the bumper is plastic and the panel is metal. but my left rear quarter panel is crumpled pretty bad as you can see; along the entire length of it; and down at the bottom as well.

how likely is it that i have frame damage? im really concerned now. when i drove the car home; it felt kinda funny; almost like my alignment was off. what happens if i have frame damage? can they fix it? is it worth it to fix it?

if i have frame damage, the car is gonna get sold[:@][:@][:@][:@].
i won't get another one and won't be compensated in the near future[:@][:@][:@]

****damnit
I highly doubt there is any "frame damage", but if there is they havemachines thatwill fix it especially in your case. They can also replace part of theframe depending onwhat peice it is etc. I bent the frontpart of my frameslamming into the wall at the track and they fixed theframe portion in less than a day.

I've noticed you've been really disappointed in your Mustang fora while, you musthave really gotten unlucky with theone you received or just beat the **** out of it because I love mine anddon'tplan on ever selling it(maybe for a gt500 butvery unlikely).

-Jeff
Old 02-03-2007, 05:01 PM
impaler
1st Gear Member

Same side of my GT hit a concrete barrier back in Nov, in ice. Wound up replacing the entire left side exhaust pipe, the impact bar (yours will have to get replaced too), and the entire rear bumper and left quarter panel. About $2500.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:15 PM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

dude dont you see the pic you took, where the hangers is the frame is damaged already just get ridle of the car asap its been in an accident and has frame damage, your car value will drop to the floor, it is fixable the insurance should pay for everything
Old 02-03-2007, 05:50 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kleistang

dude dont you see the pic you took, where the hangers is the frame is damaged already just get ridle of the car asap its been in an accident and has frame damage, your car value will drop to the floor, it is fixable the insurance should pay for everything

????????????

is that the frame? isn't it behind the rear axle? its crushed pretty good but like couldn't that be fixable?
Old 02-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

I'm crying for ya man... and if you knew me, you'd think i was on crack by saying "its only a car, and insurance can fix things..." But its a lot easier to replace a car than it is body parts or people glad you're ok..
Old 02-03-2007, 11:06 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sorry to see it
Old 02-04-2007, 12:18 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

Looks like frame damage to me. For one thing, unless someone is a miracle worker with a hammer and dolly and you like plastic on your car more than me. The full quarter needs to be replaced. I would want it done at factory seams which involves some serious work.

Don't let the bumper fool you. It moved back after the impact. Looks like she crumped at her crumple zones to me.

This is not going to be a cheap repair.

Quick Reply: got rear ended..........UPDATE