Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

got rear ended..........UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 11:18 AM
06 Black Beauty
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: got rear ended.

Well man, I feel your pain A LOT.... I got hit last week the same way. It sucks but the car can be fixed. It's only metal and plastic as my father-in-law put it. I know that doesn't help much but you are ok and that is the main part.

Now onto the accident. I would ask for lost of value to your car. Ask you're insurance company about this. I'm asking for it on mine. It happened to my wife and I about 2 years ago from an accident she was in. She got sued twice. Once for medical damages and the other was for loss of value to the other car. It is supposed to make up the difference if you where to sell the car and the dealer knew it was wrecked and offered you less for it.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:04 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: got rear ended...........UPDATE

$3,421

thats what it will cost to fix my car. luckily, insurance will pay for all. no frame damage (THANK GOD). bumper, 1/4 panel, left muffler, h pipe is bent, exhaust hangars, and gas tank cover. and some kind of impact bars thing. not quite sure how it works.

good news, any little scratch, dent, bump, or nick on my car will be fixed while its out. so it'll be in show condition.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:18 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

WoW..only $3,000+....I tought it would be more expensice than that...plus no frame damage...that's always a big plus.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

Wow, 3-Grand!?

Hope that estimate includes labor, else I'd be discussing the removal of the dents from the care and their relocation to the mechanics head!

You can always search for the parts yourself to see if you can find them cheaper than what the mech is buying them for. Chances are he's getting them straight from Ford, which is like buying border protection from Hitler.

Oh well.

BTW, how far behind you was the BMW? You say it's not his fault, but if he was right up on your *** at the light, it kinda is.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:59 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Arrow

Wow, 3-Grand!?

Hope that estimate includes labor, else I'd be discussing the removal of the dents from the care and their relocation to the mechanics head!

You can always search for the parts yourself to see if you can find them cheaper than what the mech is buying them for. Chances are he's getting them straight from Ford, which is like buying border protection from Hitler.

Oh well.

BTW, how far behind you was the BMW? You say it's not his fault, but if he was right up on your *** at the light, it kinda is.
im not sure if the estimate includes labor. but either way, its not my job to pay for it.......other guys insurance FTW!

no, its not the beamers fault. he was hit from behind and pushed into me rather violently.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:11 PM
jas451

Ouch! sorry to hear about that but it sounds like it might all work out OK. I scraped and
slightly dented the drivers side rear wheel well and was devastated. I had only had a it little over a month. Backing out of the garage watching the front not paying attention to the rear.
Here in KC I took it Eveland Bros who have won alot of awards for body repair in fact
they say that they don't "repair" they "re-build" and use the same methods that the
factory uses when they actually build a car. They were alot more expensive but I
figured it was worth it. I had planned on $200-300 and it ended up costing me $1100.
They said I'd be surprised how many cars they get in that still have a 30-day tag on them.
Whoever does the repair make sure that they're really really good! [8D][8D]
Old 02-12-2007, 11:16 AM
itchy5
1st Gear Member

I got hit yesterday afternoon.

Went through a light the next light was red, I stopped ... she didn't. the damage to the rear looks about the same, except I have a lot more scuffs and cuts in it. My front end hit the person in front of me, but just barely. I am still furious about it. So I made the call to cancel work today

Old 02-13-2007, 01:14 AM
dirtydeedsinc
2nd Gear Member

Right after I got mine I had an older Mustang come to a screaching halt behind me in Houston. I saw my insurance rates flash before my eyes (had just totaled my 2000 V6.) Fortunately he stopped in time but then continued to ride my a$$ like it was my fault he wasn't paying attention.

Good to hear it won't cost much and at least insurance is taking care of it. I'd get them to pay for your rental too. If they complain, tell them you need the rental to get you to the Dr. that's checking out the sudden pain in your neck from the crash. I told one insurance company that when they started dragging their butts about paying for my damages and it got them moving.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:27 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

You do not need to pay for the rental, the other persons insurance has to.. Also if you missed work because of it they need to compensate you for your lossed hours. Do not just accept what they tell you..
Old 02-13-2007, 10:55 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Default RE: got rear ended.

ouch bro sorry about that. Hey, this shows how bad those foreign cars suck, and american cars rock! But its just good that you are ok, and so is your baby-it could have been worse

Quick Reply: got rear ended..........UPDATE