Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First Mustang race

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 02:48 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: First Mustang race

Aint it cool when you meet another Stang who not only wants to play but is not a d*** afterwards! Very nice story kingsmate20. I have to admit, I don't know what it is but it seems lately everyone wants to wave OR wave back if I give the light flash or thumbs up. I love it! Sitting at a light today it was soo funny. I rev my engine at a light like I do sometimes just to hear it, A Ford F250 one car up on my left with tinted windws revvs back, a girl friend or wife in the passenger looks back at me with a nice smile, we then hear out the blew another revv from 2 back on my right?? Mirrow check reveals a yellow Mach1. All 3 of us had the bigest smiles on our faces like we were the only ones who got it even though there were cars all around us. Window chat with the truck as I pull up revealed he had the same engine in his truck that I had. He mentioned that he had it installed from a totalled Stang after his engine was badly damaged. Thought it sounded allot like a Mustang. for 5 seconds the sound of our 3 rides was all you heard.

Wish everyone was as cool on the streets!

TPony---
Great story. Although I don't feel the "brotherhood" here in Northern VA. Whenever I waive or flash the lights at another Stang, they either ignore or look at me like I'm from another planet.
You know they just hate on your blk stang baby! Make a run to the border baby. MARYLAND
Old 02-03-2007, 03:27 PM
2006GTSC
3rd Gear Member

Here in Queens - Long Island, New York.. Other Mustang owners are always waving and even pulling up next to you to pull over and talk and show each other your mods like this picture..and a great Mustang club.. Listangs

Old 02-03-2007, 05:36 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flewbyu

Aint it cool when you meet another Stang who not only wants to play but is not a d*** afterwards! Very nice story kingsmate20. I have to admit, I don't know what it is but it seems lately everyone wants to wave OR wave back if I give the light flash or thumbs up. I love it! Sitting at a light today it was soo funny. I rev my engine at a light like I do sometimes just to hear it, A Ford F250 one car up on my left with tinted windws revvs back, a girl friend or wife in the passenger looks back at me with a nice smile, we then hear out the blew another revv from 2 back on my right?? Mirrow check reveals a yellow Mach1. All 3 of us had the bigest smiles on our faces like we were the only ones who got it even though there were cars all around us. Window chat with the truck as I pull up revealed he had the same engine in his truck that I had. He mentioned that he had it installed from a totalled Stang after his engine was badly damaged. Thought it sounded allot like a Mustang. for 5 seconds the sound of our 3 rides was all you heard.

Wish everyone was as cool on the streets!

TPony---
Great story. Although I don't feel the "brotherhood" here in Northern VA. Whenever I waive or flash the lights at another Stang, they either ignore or look at me like I'm from another planet.
You know they just hate on your blk stang baby! Make a run to the border baby. MARYLAND
I hear you partner. Looking forward to the next gathering of ponies. Could not make the last one you guys did, but I was here salivating over the pics you guys took and posted over the forums...(no to hijack this thread)..
Old 02-05-2007, 02:28 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

its funny half of you guys raced 04 vert gt's. I show my rear end to two...something abou those verts. the best was this one guy as i was leaving wawa, i kinda hit it cuz this 04vertpunch it i guess to"back out" faster then me. but anyway he tails my a$$ the whole way out onto the road. Passes me,while shaking his head left and right and giving me the" no no" w/ his finger. I roll down my window as we get a red light. and he trys telling me he owns a 06GT as a DD, and i dont want any of this (his vert) because it run 12.8 in the 1/4.so my 1st question to him was why is the 06 the DD? he said cuz hes vert gets an avg of 10mpg (lol, ok...) then i ask him what he did to his car( i get the answer exhuast, intake, and all the susp upgrade you can think of) so im telling my self; that doesnt seem like enough for high 12's... sure enouhg; light goes green. We both hit it! and boom...I hand him by atleast 2 car links by 60. Im pretty sure he felt like an a$$...