Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Problems filling GAS??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 01:35 AM
kaishar

Default Problems filling GAS??

Hi

I have a 2006 Mustang GT with 10200 miles on it. I intermittently would be unable to fill up Gas in my gas tank to full. The car would have about 1/4 of a tank left; then I would pull up to a gas station and stick the nozzle in and then I would not be able to fill up more than half tank. The nozzle just keeps stopping...have you heard of this problem????

Thanks
Old 02-06-2007, 01:41 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Problems filling GAS??

there's a TSB on it. the filler neck is situated in that an air pocket forms occasionally. It's F$%^ING ANNOYING!

try being on a road or autocross course and hearing the f'n low fuel light go DING in every turn!
Old 02-06-2007, 02:08 AM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

Kaishar,

Do a search on this. There's probably about 30 threads on this. A lot of time you'll find a lot of info using the search technique. If you're in a state where you fill your own car, just turn the nozzle upside down when you fill, that'll fix the problem.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:17 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

uhhhh - that's not a fix. go to the dealer and get it fixed.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:34 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

Yea; i start a topic on this when i was in tennesse and my car is a 06 and at the time had about 10,000 miles on it(funny huh) and i start having the same problem. Took it to a ford dealer; and they told me they never heard of it and there is no tsb...and tired telling me i dont know how to feel up my tank. So now im back in new jersey and took it to miller ford on 38 for that problem plus a few other (ebrake stuck, window noise, few other small ones) there a great dealer so fair if any body lives in south jersey. fix most of my problems, but not the gas fill up. They know there a tsb but told me the tsb is for 05 models and 06 should be fixed (they showed me the tsb)

Its going back tom to finsh up my ebrake problem (they just got in the cables) I'll give you guys an update on what they tell me for filling up.

btw when i got my car back from the dealer in tenn; the gas tank fill up went away. but it still comes and goes...It really gets on my nervus.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:08 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I've never had a problem filling mine at the amoco/bp station i normally go to or any places around me for that matter. My wifes car is impossible to fill up with the gas pump fully squeezed. For her car I have to slowly squeeze the handle of the pump or it shuts off every time
Old 02-06-2007, 03:00 PM
unsocbl
3rd Gear Member

I've had this a couple of times as well. Always seems to be at a Shell station...using the Ford Recommeneded BP gas, never had an issue (exactly why is there a commercial on my gas cap??) Maybe it's a conspiracy! [:-]
Old 02-06-2007, 03:03 PM
VaBeachMustang
1st Gear Member

You just have to find a station that has a lower fuel delivery. On base I can crank it up...a certain store out in town I can only go half-throttle. My dealership says there is no fix for this... it is kinda lame, esp when its like 9 degress outside. heh
Old 02-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

My 'Stang is still young, but I've had this happen a couple times. It always happens on pumps that are running fast. Poorly designed fuel port, I guess. Either way, I just stop the pump, then slowly squeeze it till it's full open again, and the problem goes away. Turbulence in the pipe trips the fill sensor on the pump, I think.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:48 PM
fosman77
2nd Gear Member

One time I turned it up about 45% and it worked.

Quick Reply: Problems filling GAS??