Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

difficulty of headers install

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Black Sunshine 07
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: difficulty of headers install

for all you diablo predator users, how does you tuning? i needto find someone to start dealing with.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:54 AM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

I3ama CHIP$ does predator tunes, not sure about them since i have an Xcal2 first letter = B
Old 02-16-2007, 12:16 PM
SRT_what
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Riven02

No updated tune is required or even recommended for LTs according to Brenspeed. That is if you already have a CAI and Tune.
Is that straight from them? Reason I ask is because I was still getting a CEL, code P0443 (some sort of emissions control), after I installed their CAI and tune. Brent had to modify the tune for me and re-send it. Not to mention, it felt a hell of a lot more responsive the second time around... I'm wondering if they forgot to tune for the headers/no cats the first time because it was seriously a night and day difference with the modified tune.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Black Sunshine 07
2nd Gear Member

so you got a predator tune from them SRT_what? how much did they charge you?
Old 02-16-2007, 03:13 PM
SRT_what
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black Sunshine 07

so you got a predator tune from them SRT_what? how much did they charge you?
No, I ordered the C&L/SCT combo that they sell, which comes with 3 custom tunes based on what mods you have done. They didn't charge me anything to modify the tune. I think |3ama Chip$ is the only place online that does email tunes. I could be wrong though.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:29 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

The process for my ARH headers with catted x-pipe took me 6 hours on adrive onlift and I didn't have a lot of the right tools at all, so that really held me up. I've never done headers before and most of all it's just time consuming than the actually difficulty of installation. With my headers, I couldn't get some of the lower bolts in and spent a good hour just trying to mess with tiny things.

I highly recommend a 13mm gear wrench as this would've probably saved me an hour or more. I think that would be a necessity if I ever installed them again.

-Jeff
Old 02-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SRT_what

ORIGINAL: Riven02

No updatedtune is required or even recommended for LTs according to Brenspeed. That is if you already have a CAI and Tune.
Is that straight from them? Reason I ask is because I was still getting a CEL, code P0443 (some sort of emissions control), after I installed their CAI and tune. Brent had to modify the tune for me and re-send it. Not to mention, it felt a hell of a lot more responsive the second time around... I'm wondering if they forgot to tune for the headers/no cats the first time because it was seriously a night and day difference with the modified tune.
Yeah I ordered my LTs from them so I could get a free update. Well I order them and call him about the tune and he says he wont update my tune cause it is not needed for LTs.