Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I'M VERY TIRED OF THIS...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:23 PM
ncspack
1st Gear Member

Default I'M VERY TIRED OF THIS...

I've had my 05 gt in the shop for almost 20 days in a year. i haven't even had it a year and so far the fuel pump, engine, and calipers (repeatedly) have broken. my back passenger caliper has locked up 4 times now and been replaced 3 times. I'm now on my 4th caliper on that one wheel and i'm still not getting anywhere. Ford sent an engineer to fix my calipers and said that the problem was the brake line. he put a new line on and another caliper. said that fixed the problem of the calipers consistently locking up. had the car 2 days and it happened again.my dealerships general manager told me about Ford buying back my car and that things REALLY start happening when the engineer has seen my car. well, he saw it and it broke again. i told the dealership to keep the car and that i didn't want it back. I've filed a complaint with Ford HQ like the dealership told me. the dealership has been great and has helped a lot. Today, the engineers said once again that they've solved the problem. Seems now that the problem is the brake line. engineer said they've been aware of the problem and that they revamped the brake line and then had problems with that one. now it's revamped for the last time and they want to put that on my car. why didn't the first engineer know this? what in the world do i have to do to convince them that i bought a lemon and give me another car like my dealer said Ford would. i can't believe i left chevy for this. at least nobody can say i didn't have an open mind to the rival company.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:27 PM
07GTgo
1st Gear Member

Default RE: I'M VERY TIRED OF THIS...

sounds like u just got unlucky and bought a POS...never heard of anything like this
Old 02-15-2007, 11:31 PM
ncspack
1st Gear Member

i agree with you 100%. i know this isn't typical of the mustang, but the way Ford is handling this is killing me. my wife is pregnant with our 1st child and is due any minute; and i really mean any minute. i have 0 confidence in this car and don't trust it to get us to the hospital.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:11 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ncspack

i agree with you 100%. i know this isn't typical of the mustang, but the way Ford is handling this is killing me. my wife is pregnant with our 1st child and is due any minute; and i really mean any minute. i have 0 confidence in this car and don't trust it to get us to the hospital.
congratulations on that lol.

but yea sounds like u got a lemon; apparently ford is being douchebags and treating you like crap. this doesn't sound typical.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:42 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

Time for a new car...lemon law
Old 02-16-2007, 03:40 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I went through the same thing and they took over 30 days to fix my engine!
Do whatever it takes to make them buy back your car! Let them know you are willing to stay with the dealership, since you sound like they are being good to you, but you need another car! Don't take anything they offer you to keep the lemon! Even options, warranties, etc. NO NO NO!
Be sure to look up your state's Lemon Law.

Old 02-16-2007, 03:13 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Sux for you!![&o]Buy a GT 500.[:-]
Old 02-16-2007, 05:53 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

I've had my 05 gt in the shop for almost 20 days in a year. i haven't even had it a year and so far the fuel pump, engine, and calipers (repeatedly) have broken. my back passenger caliper has locked up 4 times now and been replaced 3 times. I'm now on my 4th caliper on that one wheel and i'm still not getting anywhere. Ford sent an engineer to fix my calipers and said that the problem was the brake line. he put a new line on and another caliper. said that fixed the problem of the calipers consistently locking up. had the car 2 days and it happened again.my dealerships general manager told me about Ford buying back my car and that things REALLY start happening when the engineer has seen my car. well, he saw it and it broke again. i told the dealership to keep the car and that i didn't want it back. I've filed a complaint with Ford HQ like the dealership told me. the dealership has been great and has helped a lot. Today, the engineers said once again that they've solved the problem. Seems now that the problem is the brake line. engineer said they've been aware of the problem and that they revamped the brake line and then had problems with that one. now it's revamped for the last time and they want to put that on my car. why didn't the first engineer know this? what in the world do i have to do to convince them that i bought a lemon and give me another car like my dealer said Ford would. i can't believe i left chevy for this. at least nobody can say i didn't have an open mind to the rival company.

4x in most state means lemon law. Your problem is not normal and does not reflect the quality of the car. You just had bad luck with a lemon. Thats why there are laws in place to protect the consumer.find out the law in your area and use it. Hope you have better luck.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:54 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

Old 02-16-2007, 06:49 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

Wow! It sounds like you got a car that was madethe dayafter the assembly plants xmas party!
I had some trouble with a new Dotch Dakota I bought years ago. I was in the same boat as you.....I was tired of taking it in for service (auto tranny problems) After six months of ownership, I traded it in.

That sux's man, good luck and let us know how things work out for you.

Quick Reply: I'M VERY TIRED OF THIS...