MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   Installing Pypes o/r H (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/246305-installing-pypes-o-r-h.html)

acstone7 02-16-2007 06:45 PM

Installing Pypes o/r H

Bout to install it, any advice, pointers, special tools...etc?

RED121572 02-16-2007 07:05 PM

RE: Installing Pypes o/r H

Do I see 2 chamber flows in your sig?

I think its something you could do by yourself. I had a buddy help me with mine.

I also have two chamber flows and an off road h pipe. Your gonna love it!!

s197 02-16-2007 07:32 PM

i just installed an o/r h-pipe today with my buddy on mine, it wasnt that hard. It's extremely freaking loud though now. Just hope the neighbors like it as much as i do!!

acstone7 02-16-2007 07:38 PM

haha hell yah! if i was your neighbor, i would like it! haha

Stoenr 02-16-2007 07:54 PM

Let us know how it goes. This is one of my next mods myself.

SpikeGT 02-16-2007 07:59 PM

It's a pretty easy install, you'll get it right.

TexStang06 02-16-2007 10:47 PM

the only problem i had was tryin to get to disconnect the front o2 sensor on the passenger side. If you remove the battery and battery tray its real easy to reach. I disconnected all the o2s, took the stock h out, pulled the o2's and swapped them to the pypes. Other than that, its pretty easy...the driver side is easier to get undone (on the stock h), but the passenger has one bolt thats pretty tough. I'd take the battery and battery tray out, as it you can get to the front o2 easy, and it also helps getting the bolts on the passenger side manifold undone.

modular81 02-16-2007 10:49 PM

Disconnect the o2 sensors from the harness. The passengers side is easy to reach if you remove the battery tray and the two rear o2's you can disconnect while under the car. Spray some kind of penetrating spray on the nuts before trying to break them loose, especially the ones connecting the h-pipe to the exhaust manifolds.. WD40 or pb blast works well.

acstone7 02-17-2007 03:56 PM

Ya sorry i didnt post last night, i went to the track immediately after, first off, give your car a good 45 minutes to cool down, the cats are effing hott! secondly,i would highly recommend a 7/8 inch wrench, helped alot with the 02 sensors, fairly easy install, disconnect 2 nuts from two clamps4 total nutsnearest transmission after H pipe, then disconnect the 02 sensors, then install them on your new pypes, when you take off the stock H, should slide right out with some force, when u put your o/r pype in your gonna want to have some 1 push the H together by holding the pypesinward where the hangers are assembled, with another guy at the H section they should join right up nice and tight, then make sure to clamp the H section down and before connecting to your midpipes, connect pypes to your header flange. need 15 mm deep socket, 7/8 in wrench, swiveling 15mm deep socket, oh ya be prepared for sum LOUD LOUD! um wow, ya it pops like crazy, hope it breaks in soooooooooon

MIKE562 02-17-2007 08:07 PM

I just installed my pypes offroad h yesterday(took it to a muffler shop because im still learning about cars:)) WOW these things are super loud! I set off just about every car alarm on the way home lol. Just wondering how long does it take for these pypes to break in?