Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2nd Semi Annual Mid Atlantic Mustang Cruise. 4/7/07

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 12:20 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default 2nd Semi Annual Mid Atlantic Mustang Cruise. 4/7/07

SATURDAY APRIL 7TH, 2007
It's time to start marking your calendars for the "Spring Fling" baby! Let’s take a quick flash back to the winter cruise from last year..... (23 Mustangs hit the beltway) Shooting for 30 this spring!!!!!!!!
Vid clip----http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2ba6207c-3029-4877-9678-989e017ff047.htm
Threads----https://mustangforums.com/m_2324203/tm.htm
Nice pics---https://mustangforums.com/m_2348017/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Ahhhhhh, memories!!! of all the ruberkneckers!! This was the last stop last year, some of the guys did not stay all the way until this drop off.

Cruising goes back to the 50's and beyond when the glory times of our fathers led them to break out the street rods and cruise the town they lived in. This soon came to include cruising to other towns and branched over soon after to the biker world. When cruising the mission is NOT to go as fast as you can (a race) but more of a chance to show off your car to all who would look. As most of you would imagine the cruise takes place in a normal to low speed drive on a predetermined route. Besides, if you "flyby" them (no pun intended) how will they see your car?? The only known rule for cruising is your cruiser must be clean and well kept. :-)
Alright, I'm in the early stages of planning as it stands but wanted everyone to have plenty of time to clear out the day. As the planning gets together I'll get out as much detail as possible along with routes, etc so all you guys who pm’d me about missing the last one or not knowing about it; this is your chance to redeem yourself! Once again this is a chance for you to link up with like minded Stangers who appreciated our cars like ONLY WE CAN. A chance to share tech, styling ideas, racing tips, tricks and kills in person. A chance to meet guys (and girls) who you only know by screen name OR you have not ran into since last years cruise. A chance to hear in person the different setups, pipes, Superchargers, etc that you are considering when videos wont do them justice. But most importantly it's a chance for tons of Mustangs of all types to join the line and roll through the highways in a show of unity that Mustangs are here to stay! So let the Ricers and who ever else is on the road that day shiver in fear at the sound and size of so much muscle and beauty in one place on one day! ANY MUSTANG, ANY YEAR IS WELCOME! AS LONG AS IT IS CLEAN AND RUNS! Stop crying about you have nothing to do or you only see ricers all day! You now have something to do! PM me if interested so I can keep a running total.

Confirmed list so far! [ol][*]Flewbyu[*]mattiblasi[*]gsxrstang69[*]madmanmoon[*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*] Our Goal![/ol]Maybe list: [ol][*]Lance H [/ol]
Old 02-19-2007, 12:44 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2nd Semi Annual Mid Atlantic Mustang Cruise.

I'm IN

ORIGINAL: flewbyu
[ol][*]Flewbyu[*]mattblasi [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*] Our Goal![/ol]
Old 02-19-2007, 01:37 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

mattblasi-
I'm IN
Thats my man! Will be good to see you again. Will be intouch, only 28 more to go! lol
Old 02-19-2007, 01:38 AM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

with two recent dings and a scratch on the bumper i don't think my baby is up for a drive from jersey down the beltway... we'll see
Old 02-19-2007, 01:51 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Drop Top 06--
with two recent dings and a scratch on the bumper i don't think my baby is up for a drive from jersey down the beltway... we'll see
Hmmm, did not hear anything about engine problems?? Had a few guys from Jersey make the drive last time. Clean and running my man, thats all it takes. Dings and scratches are no biggie.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:46 AM
gsxrstang69
3rd Gear Member

count me in
Old 02-19-2007, 08:04 AM
LanceH
2nd Gear Member

Where is this going to be located? I'm in Frederick County, MD andif it's within 50 miles or so of here, I'd like to come.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:16 AM
MadManMoon

I'm definitely in. Not missing this one for the world!
Old 02-19-2007, 10:17 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

gsxrstang69--
count me in
Great, welcome! One other thing everyone, if your car pic, year is not in your sig please note the info in this thread so that we will not only know WHO will be there but WHAT will be there! Also EVERYONE who is "in" PM me your name and phone number. As this starts to build we will have a another call sheet for people to connect that are running late or lost, etc. Last year we only had one (1) car out of 24 we could not link up with.

LanceH---
Where is this going to be located? I'm in Frederick County, MD andif it's within 50 miles or so of here, I'd like to come.
First of all, I can't be the only one repin Frederick! I grew up there until preteen. My parents ran a resteraunt for years there. Anyway, I'm in the early stages of getting the route together, I do know it will swing through Baltimore which IS within 50 miles of you. You will be heading down 70 and linking up with us there. More details will follow as this comes together. I will put you down as a "maybe" until you give the thumbs up! FYI- We had 2 guys who drove from Jersey last year and my man Ryan drove down from the Eastern Shore. Frederick is only a skip away buddy.

MadManMoon---
I'm definitely in. Not missing this one for the world!
Score! Had you on my list to PM brother. I know how you wanted to attend last year. Welcome! See notes above about contact info!

Anyone from last year if you are going I already have your contact info as long as it has not changed!
Old 02-19-2007, 10:21 AM
cphair
1st Gear Member

I'm going to have mine in paint that week.. sorry! I'll be ready for the next one for sure... and looking better than the day it came from Ford!

Quick Reply: 2nd Semi Annual Mid Atlantic Mustang Cruise. 4/7/07