Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Update:Fedex just delivered my new Stingers

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 05:23 AM
Leos06gtLL
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Fedex just delivered my new Stingers

I am a UPS driver ....IF they dont leave a box at your home when your not home its cause there has been a "stollen" claim in your area. If its a good area then we leave it
Old 02-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Shaman
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

the dreaded drone of a borla stinger (does not exist to the extent that some like to claim) but I will tell you this that does not mean if you are riding in the back seat with one of these cars (As one of my managers did on a recent business trip 265 miles away) he was laughing and saying how he could not hear sheeyat we were talking about in the front seat and when he got out of car he said his ears popped...it was actually funny, but until he said that, i never even noticed it....then again, I never sat in the back seat on a long trip...NOR WILL I EVER...
is ur manager a midget, cos im 5'7" and I cant fit back there with the driver seat in the position i like it, no f*ckin way
Old 02-20-2007, 07:39 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: Leos06gtLL

I am a UPS driver ....IF they dont leave a box at your home when your not home its cause there has been a "stollen" claim in your area. If its a good area then we leave it
Could be cause they leave the packages at my parents house. I have only lived where I am at for about years. If I leave a note he will leave the package though. So that isn't that bad as long as I know the day its coming and know I wont be there.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Shaman
1st Gear Member

omfg heres the deal with my stingers. Went to install them and the passenger side muffler, the rod in the back of it to attached to the hanger was bent. No way was it going to fit. I had to drive it like that to a muffler shop so they could heat it and bend it. They lined them up perfectly, but man was I pissed, I wanted to do the whole thing myself, and it ended up takin me all morning to get it finally done. Anyone else ever have a fit problem with these things?
Old 02-20-2007, 03:37 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

There have been some reports of fitment problems I did not have any though.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Shaman
1st Gear Member

Here's a dumb question, but with the reduced back pressure does the computer make any adjustments? You would never have to clear it to get it to run with the new pipes right? I can swear the car is boggin more now, but I'm real crazy about things like this...
Old 02-20-2007, 04:40 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

You do not need a tune and the computer might have slight changes it goes through. You do not gain any HP as the description eludes to.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:54 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shaman

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

the dreaded drone of a borla stinger (does not exist to the extent that some like to claim) but I will tell you this that does not mean if you are riding in the back seat with one of these cars (As one of my managers did on a recent business trip 265 miles away) he was laughing and saying how he could not hear sheeyat we were talking about in the front seat and when he got out of car he said his ears popped...it was actually funny, but until he said that, i never even noticed it....then again, I never sat in the back seat on a long trip...NOR WILL I EVER...
is ur manager a midget, cos im 5'7" and I cant fit back there with the driver seat in the position i like it, no f*ckin way
no he is 5 foot 9 I believe.....he had to spread a blanket out and lay across the seats...it was tight,...he sat behind one of my asst managers in the passenger seat
Old 02-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Shaman
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

You do not need a tune and the computer might have slight changes it goes through. You do not gain any HP as the description eludes to.
I wasn't concerned with HP increases over stock, but it feels less peppy, maybe its my imagination with the louder exhaust i dont feel that quiet rush of acceleration, lol....
also, i wanted the better flow for when the KB SC goes on in a few months...
Old 02-20-2007, 10:01 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I thought I felt the same thing but I doubt there was a noticable loss. I also put the CAI and tune on later that week so that slow feeling was gone after that for sure!

Quick Reply: Update:Fedex just delivered my new Stingers