Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BAMA CHIPS performance/torque/race ?

Old 02-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Black Sunshine 07
2nd Gear Member

Default BAMA CHIPS performance/torque/race ?

hey guys. i've decided to go through bama chips for a tune for my setup instead of continuing with the canned JLT tune that came on my predator. i wanted to get input from all of you guys that have done so and see which is the best way to go; either performance/torque/or race? also, how much difference did you recieve after going with a bama chips tune instead of the canned tuned. thanks everyone!
Old 02-20-2007, 11:00 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: **** CHIPS performance/torque/race ?

You can get the 93 torq and 93 perf and one other.....both are great, I switch bewtween them every so often. Dont have the race though.

The difference was amazing for me. I still can't believe we couldn't convince you in the begining to do it!
Old 02-21-2007, 09:29 AM
partsbill
3rd Gear Member

Just received my 93 performance tune from Doug, the difference between the canned JLT tune and Doug's tune is like night and day,I plan on also getting his 93 torque & race tune in the near future.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:23 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

If you go with B ama, Doug will hook u up with 3 tunes i believe. get em' all! hehe i have em all 91 Oct
Old 02-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

What the hell is the difference between all his 93 octane tunes? And why is Ba ma censored?
Old 02-21-2007, 11:33 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

The Torque tune, is concentrated on the lower rpms, not sure on the exact rpm range, but lower end, and is torquie (spelling) [&:]as all hell. The performance tune concentrates on the entire rpm range high and low, and you can def tell the diff between the torque and performance tune when when you hadbeen using the other and load the diff tune, believe me, the perf.can also be used as a track tune, or when dyno-tuning most prefer to use the performance tune, the Race Tune, Im not sure, I think Doug may increase shift firmness and what not with this and not sure if he messes with the air fuel ratio. B am a is censored because he is not a vendor for the mustang forums.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:39 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

That pretty much sums it up. Switching the tunes is great, a new experience everytime.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:44 AM
Black Sunshine 07
2nd Gear Member

i actually got off the phone with doug @ Ba-ma chips around 9:30 tonight and ordered the 93 octane performance tune. should recieve it tonight or tomorrow. he said it will blow my canned JLT tune out of the water. can't wait!

[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 02-22-2007, 12:50 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

good luck with it, justin at vmptuning.com is flat out the best tuner out there however
Old 02-22-2007, 01:04 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

good luck with it, justin at vmptuning.com is flat out the best tuner out there however
You know that for sure.....I have heard that Brenspeed is decent.....Have you tried eveyones tune??

Point is that no matter the vendor (Brenspeed, VMP, B ama, Evo...etc) they do a great job with their tunes. Many people have run several and report that they are about equal.

I doubt that you will find many dissappointed customers no matter which tuner they used.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BAMA CHIPS performance/torque/race ?