MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   Tuner question for the guru's (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/249923-tuner-question-for-the-gurus.html)

needforspeed3 02-24-2007 02:16 AM

Tuner question for the guru's

Bought a sct tuner used.Original buyer had a stick car and mine is a auto. Is there going to be problems using this tuner? New to the world of tuners. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

delstang 02-24-2007 03:28 PM

RE: Tuner question for the guru's

I think as long as the tuner had the tune cleared from the other vehicle I don't think it makes a difference in the tuner itself if it is an auto or manual. The difference is the tune that is loadedin the actual tuner. If it is an auto, it will need a specific tune for the automatic versus the manual. There are many custom tunes that can be bought, downloaded, or the tuner can be sent to one of these tuners (i.e. Bama chips, Brenspeed, Evolution Performance) for them to load the tune. If the SCT tuner is for a '96 - '07 mustang it should work.

acstone7 02-24-2007 06:22 PM

your best bet would be calling either brenspeed, lidio, B ama chips, I recommend Ba ma chips because that is what i have and i love it, go to www.ba machips.com By the way the word B ama is censored on this site becuase he is not a contributing vendor. Doug is a great guy and will help you out.

modular81 02-24-2007 07:58 PM

Needs to be unlocked first and tuned for you computer code. Call doug he is the man.

needforspeed3 02-24-2007 09:21 PM

Tuner is unlocked. Can the tune be loaded to the car and then tweeked for the auto trans?

acstone7 02-24-2007 11:31 PM

even tho the tuner is unlocked, it needs to be tuned to YOUR personal car, with your axle and calibration code. like i said the only way of getting around this is by calling a certified SCT tuner. doug at bam a chips, or brenspeed, alternative, vmp tuning, blah blah blah, its gonna cost you about 50-75 dollars to get a custom tune for your car, once you get that tune, that tuner is "married" to your car haha, and only your car. if you delete the tunes and sell it, then obviously there arent gonna be any tunes on the programmer, right?

impaler 02-25-2007 02:21 AM

+1 Definitely. You can't just plug and play. Be careful before you use it on not only a different car, but a different transmission. The mere fact that the tuner can change shift points on an auto to me tells me it will need to know it's dealing with an auto.

modular81 02-25-2007 12:41 PM

You need a custom tune for your specific car and computer code. When you say it is unlocked, so either you or the guy you got it from used the liveload software from sctflash and unlocked it or do you mean he simply put the factory tune back in his car before he gave it to you. If thatis what he did then it's not unlocked yet. Buy a custom tune and you will be one happy camper.