Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

For those with 5spds

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 08:30 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: For those with 5spds

ORIGINAL: moosestang
She's afraid of the power, probably because i'm always going sideways with her in the car![:@][:@]
LOL...That's classic!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Smokem
1st Gear Member

I buy sticks because I love them and not to many people these days know how to drive them. IfI had a girlfriend who already knew how to drive a manual maybe but teaching them with it stalling all the time kills me. And I am not concerned with their driving ability it is outside factors like not being ready for the power, the rear wheel drive and most of all ground clearance. Sports cars are low so that does not mean you can barrel into every drive way head on. Always take them slow and at an angle. By all means "if you are out NEVER park on the front row becasue I am not worried about you sweet heart it's the other drivers when they open their doors"
Old 02-26-2007, 09:05 PM
CSconvtchik

i must say, i am a little offended. i am a girl, and i drive a 5spd manual. No im not "scared" of the power, i LIVE for it! In fact, I rarely, and if so, reluctantly, let my boyfriend drive it, and he owns an automatic 98 GT...and i drive better than he does! (shh..dont tell him but he knows it).

I had my car special ordered from the factory, and I kept getting all the salespeople say to me "you sure sweety, that you dont want to get auto? Are you sure you can handle it?" I think girls are a little underestimated here.... i can ride with the best of them!

well...those are my thoughts. and im not one of those "feminists" or "women rule" people...just sayin that maybe theres women out there who dont trust their husband/bf with their car!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:39 PM
sneppahtihs2005

i by no means underestimate women. my girlfriend had never driven stick before and has done an amazing job at learning. she doesnt drive it as much as i do so she still gets nervous when it is wet, even though she does great then too. and i completely agree with you, there are some men that think they know how to drive and never be allowed to have a license.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:45 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

You'd be scared to drive my stick!

ORIGINAL: CSconvtchik

i must say, i am a little offended. i am a girl, and i drive a 5spd manual. No im not "scared" of the power, i LIVE for it! In fact, I rarely, and if so, reluctantly, let my boyfriend drive it, and he owns an automatic 98 GT...and i drive better than he does! (shh..dont tell him but he knows it).

I had my car special ordered from the factory, and I kept getting all the salespeople say to me "you sure sweety, that you dont want to get auto? Are you sure you can handle it?" I think girls are a little underestimated here.... i can ride with the best of them!

well...those are my thoughts. and im not one of those "feminists" or "women rule" people...just sayin that maybe theres women out there who dont trust their husband/bf with their car!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:47 PM
jayel579
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrmngt

Say what you will, happy wife, even happier husband with brand new mustang GT,
Happy Wife, Happy Life, let her drive if she wants to
Old 02-26-2007, 10:10 PM
emt4fire1951

Like 05BlueGT, this is actually the wife's car. Always keep the TCS on as she has a lead foot but doesn't know how to use it. The weekends and evenings it's my turn to fry the hides. We've got the Mac axlebacks but now she wants me to put on the SLP's. Mac's aren't loud enough. I was going to put the CAI and tune on but she want's the S/C - go figure. I don't thing it would be wise the way she likes to drive unless I could spend a few weeks on the track with her. But me - (smile)
Oh yeah, 5 days a week she's a propper well dressed Bank Manager, weekends it's Harleys, Mustang and tattoo's. Things are sometimes not what they appear.
[sm=innoc.gif][sm=lildevil.gif]
Old 02-26-2007, 10:56 PM
MustangMikey

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Nice rx8.

My wife doesn't want to drive my car. She's only driven it once when i borrowed hers to go kayaking with my bro. I'm sure she drove it like a grandma. She's afraid of the power, probably because i'm always going sideways with her in the car!

haha moosestang! My wife is very intimidated of my GT. She pretty much refuses to drive it, unlike my boss who has a 06 GT and has had his wife get into 2 fender benders already with it
Old 02-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

I taught my g/f on the v6 manual loaner the dealer gave me for two weeks. She wasn't bad but could still use a bit more practice. In her words, "so wait, where's this third pedal??" and "driving should only be done with one foot."
Old 02-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Foose12
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RUFDRAFT

Trust me.

You drive your car.

Let her drive her's.

It might save a relationship!
Couldn't have said it better.......However, my wife has drove the Foose a couple times....She has never had an automatic, so she is comfortable with stick. But she knows how i feel about my car....so she won't drive it unless I'm with her.....She know's i'll flip out if something were to happen... My wife is my baby, but so is the Foose.....

Quick Reply: For those with 5spds