Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

For those with 5spds

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 04:44 PM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

Default For those with 5spds

Do you let your wives/gf's drive your car? If so, how often? Does she drive alone?

I recently had my wife out to drive again, and she continues to impress me with how well she does. She isn't the most comfortable, but has learned quite quickly and is good enough, in my opinion, to go it alone. In fact, I actually get quite excited when she drives and would really like to see more enthusiasm from her. Am I alone in this, or do you guys feel the same?
Old 02-26-2007, 04:49 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: For those with 5spds

My wife has her own 5 speed manual GT, she insisted on it. She says a sport car has to have a manual transmission or it don't feel right. She can get on it when she wants.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:01 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

September will be two years since I've owned mine, the wife has never driven it. She's "ok" with a clutch, but she'll have to practice on something else before I turn over the harnesses.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:13 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

yea; i had my last gf drive around the parking lot w/ the GT. I find if you teach a brand new driver w/ stick shift its a great idea if you show them how o get out of 1st gear w/ out any gas. It really give them a feel for the clutch.

My mom even driven the Gt; she loved it! lol
Old 02-26-2007, 05:45 PM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

Trust me.

You drive your car.

Let her drive her's.

It might save a relationship!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:56 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Don't they all come with 5-speeds from the factory? [sm=smiley29.gif]

Either 5-speed automatic or 5-speed manual...
Old 02-26-2007, 06:01 PM
RollTide87
1st Gear Member

Although I have only had the Mustang for a little over a week, my wife has driven it once. My wife is a good driver and is used to driving sporty cars.I don't have any problems with her driving the Mustang on occasion. She does need to get used to the power however. When we met, she had a black Honda CRX Si (in the days before rice) with a 5-speed. Wehad a Miata prior to the Mustang and she drove it a good bit. She never drove but had ridden with me a fair number of times on track days and autocrosses. She is very understanding when it comes to my love of cars and driving.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:12 PM
FirePower
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: swensicle

Do you let your wives/gf's drive your car? If so, how often? Does she drive alone?

I recently had my wife out to drive again, and she continues to impress me with how well she does. She isn't the most comfortable, but has learned quite quickly and is good enough, in my opinion, to go it alone. In fact, I actually get quite excited when she drives and would really like to see more enthusiasm from her. Am I alone in this, or do you guys feel the same?
Since I got the GT she suddenly HAD to learn to drive the stick. Now I can't keep her at home! Since I get stares in the car I'm sure she gets even more attention, hottie in a manual Stang GT FTW. [>:]

I'm having separation anxiety whenever she leaves with the car.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:26 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black GT

Don't they all come with 5-speeds from the factory? [sm=smiley29.gif]

Either 5-speed automatic or 5-speed manual...
yep they do !
Old 02-26-2007, 06:39 PM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

Geez...5spd. You know what I mean. I should have stated manual transmissions. So far, it sounds like you all would rather she didn't drive the car. I can understand it if she was constantly wanting to drive it, but luckily I just bought the wife a new car and she likes her own.

Quick Reply: For those with 5spds