Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dealer wants more money!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 06:57 PM
therobman7
1st Gear Member

Default Dealer wants more money!

So i bought my mustang from a dealer about a month ago. Now I get a letter that claims that I must pay an extra 44.00$ because they made a mistake in calculating the registration fees. Do I have to pay it? or should they be paying it? has anyone had this problem? the money is no big deal, but the point that I gave them 5k$ to cover all fees is my problem... What should I do?
Old 02-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Dealer wants more money!

tell them to **** off, and if that doesn't work, say you never got a letter.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:14 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

Dont pay. there SOL. When i bought my 06 expedition the lady signed a final offer that I offered for the car, told her I would be back tomorrow. She was out and the other sales guy said she made a mistake that I did not qualify for the extra $1000 off, I told him to bad she signed this paper (which really didnt mean anything) and after going back and forth and almost walking he said ok our bad you get the extra 1000 off.

I got a total of 12k off, with X plan and rebate because the new 07 came out......12k is better than 11k

anyway dont pay
Old 02-27-2007, 07:15 PM
kiki07gt
1st Gear Member

Probably what happend is your registering authority came back to them and told them the amount was incorrect. I would guess they were using some form of a chart to figure the fees and it was outdated. A dealership is a business and like most businesses - they pass the costs onto the consumer. Do you have your registration yet? If you do - you could consider ignoring their request, however if you don't the penalty for not having registration could be more than $44. Also, you may check with your tax people - in AZ we can deduct off your taxes whatever you pay to register the vehicle so at that point it doesn't really matter what the fee was.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:15 PM
HMUSN
2nd Gear Member

the bottom number on the contract is what you pay...
you signed it and so did they.
doesn't matter if it was $44.00 or $4,000... they have to eat it.
if they have any issues with it tell them your going to sue them.. over 44 bones they will back down.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

you might want to point out to them that you will spend more than $44 on regularly scheduled maintence, and its very easy to find another dealership to service the car....
Old 02-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Drop Top 06

you might want to point out to them that you will spend more than $44 on regularly scheduled maintence, and its very easy to find another dealership to service the car....
If you tell them that, then take your car there for maintenance, chances are they can find ways to get the $44 back and then some when they give you the bill.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:46 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

On my sales contract with asterisks it says "estimated"

that would mean if it was more I would be required to pay it. Check your deal and see if it's the same
Old 02-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Smokem
1st Gear Member

Good point by Rodeo Flyer but if not it is a signed contract by both parties. If it get's a little nasty over $44 thenI would be leary of taking it there for service work. If that is the closest dealership around maybe they can through in a/another free oil change or window tint for your trouble. It is a help me help you situation.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:33 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

Send them a Check for the $44.00 and tell them you will service the car elsewhere and never buy from them again. See how quickly they get back to you.

Quick Reply: Dealer wants more money!