Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mustang pull ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:21 PM
2006GTSC
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang pull ...

ORIGINAL: nevertoold

A little story. I got stopped for doing 80 in a 65 zone. Gave the cop my info ready to accept my $200.00 ticket. He came back and said I giving you a break, giving you a ticket for disobeying traffic signs instead of a speeding ticket because its a nice day and you have a really nice car. Thank you officer . Mustangs forever !!!

07 Redfire GT Premium 5spd manual
C&L CAI 93 Octane tune by Brenspeed
Haha, nice!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:59 PM
cdub
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

or maybe its just time to slow down a little[8D]
says the man who has his speedo buried in his avatar
lol...just messin with ya bro
Old 03-01-2007, 11:34 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cdub

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

or maybe its just time to slow down a little[8D]
says the man who has his speedo buried in his avatar
lol...just messin with ya bro
actually i cheated[8D], In the new edgestheres a way to get the needles to "sweep" or to peg them with the car in ACC mode, im not about to try and take a pic at 120+[8D]
Old 03-01-2007, 11:49 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

you lucky dog....obviously you are not in VA....here..no breaks just tickets...
Old 03-02-2007, 03:12 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

LUCKY! I got the full blown ticket for doing 70 in a 50. and the cop was only 2 years older then me (i was at the time 19, he was like 21). "slow down son and have a nice day"...

SON? lol, the guy was2 years older then me and called me son
Old 03-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

Luck is like that,

so far I was pulled over doing 80 in a 60 trooper looked my car over and asked me not to do it again and said good day and left.
Got harassed by a town cop for having a little air freshner on my mirror no ticket.
A cop "pulled me over" while I was parked at a gas station said my plates were fake lol turns out when I got my new plates the State went on strike and had failed to finish the paper work but I still had my old plates in the back seat so that made him happy enough to go away.
Then I am leaving some small town getting on the freeway and a town cop pulls me over and gave me a 1 over the speed limit $120 as a lesson he said, I was going 35mpg up the ramp but I was still in town he said so it's still speeding, so it was a good old fashion speed trap man that guy was a ***** to deal with and was my only ticket in 15 years driving. But I will take a $120 ticket over a ticket for 120mph any day lol
I would have fought it but I figured all the times I have been 100+ on back roads out in the boons it was the Karmic thing to suck it up and just pay it.

Glad you got out of it and it pays to be polite to the cops but if they have it in for you there not much you can do.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:03 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Been blessed. haven't gotten one on my GT, but got a couple in my 03 V6. All in Virginia.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:07 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Hello,
I have not been ticketed in many years but I do have an interesting story about the day I took delivery of my stang. It was 1 AM during the week (I think it was tuesday) and the car hauler that had my car and an old charger in it had to go and drop off the charger in a very rich area in MI. (West Bloomfield). He called me up and said if it is not to late I will be there at about 2 AM if you want to get your car today if not can you recommend any hotels in the area that can accomadate this 48 foot enclosed trailer and I will deliver in the AM? I said are you kidding me I want the car tonight and I work midnights anyway so I will be sleeping during the day. We agreed on a shopping plaza nearby to my home as the subdivision I live in is very confusing and difficult to find my house.
My girlfriend and I went to meet him andI saw the huge white trailer and he had the rear open and was unstraping the car. The side door of the trailer was open and I saw the front of the car and the front rim and I almost died I was so happy and excited I could barely speak. It has been 8 years since I bought a mustang (sold last one to pay for college)and I knew this model was going to be the best one IMO. My girlfriend started snapping pics of the car and seemed even more excited than me. We got the car unloaded and I started it up......WOW is the best way to describe it! Now the cop part..... I saw 2 cops driving up and down the road by the shopping center.Both werecircling back around a few times. The 2 cops were from different neighboring cities and the city lines are crossed funny in this particular area so I thought nothing of it.
After another 5 minutes one of the 2 pulled into the parking lot and got out of his car and stated he thought the owner of the trailer was getting ready to spend the night on the lot and was coming to investigate until he saw him unloading it at 2 AM. He also said it just seemed "suspicious". I explained that I was just taking delivery of a custom mustang and didn't want to wait until morning to get it. (I waited long enough). He asked if he could sit in it and start it up..I said sure why not ( I am not one to say "no" to an officer that is 10-15yrs older than me and twice my weight and at least 6'3"). He started it up was very impressed by the sound and proceded to talk with all of us for 30 minutes. Now I respect the law but I wanted to get on my way and drive this badboy!.
He said just before he left and I quote " You want some street credit ...I can chase you up and down the road with lights on as long as you stop at all lights and go the posted speed limits." "It would be a good story to tell and I can see how she runs" I laughed and said no thanks I am not falling for that one and we both just laughed. He went left and I went right (sideways) out of the parking lot. He turned his lights on and off and went on his own way. This is a storyI will be telling my children someday! Just thought I would share it and it is so boring at the hospital tonight (no gunshots yet) so I am on standby typing away on this site! Later J
P.S. The sig pic is where I picked up the car and the first time I started it!
Old 03-03-2007, 02:37 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stone

Luck is like that,

so far I was pulled over doing 80 in a 60 trooper looked my car over and asked me not to do it again and said good day and left.
Got harassed by a town cop for having a little air freshner on my mirror no ticket.
A cop "pulled me over" while I was parked at a gas station said my plates were fake lol turns out when I got my new plates the State went on strike and had failed to finish the paper work but I still had my old plates in the back seat so that made him happy enough to go away.
Then I am leaving some small town getting on the freeway and a town cop pulls me over and gave me a 1 over the speed limit $120 as a lesson he said, I was going 35mpg up the ramp but I was still in town he said so it's still speeding, so it was a good old fashion speed trap man that guy was a ***** to deal with and was my only ticket in 15 years driving. But I will take a $120 ticket over a ticket for 120mph any day lol
I would have fought it but I figured all the times I have been 100+ on back roads out in the boons it was the Karmic thing to suck it up and just pay it.

Glad you got out of it and it pays to be polite to the cops but if they have it in for you there not much you can do.

wait; what happen? he gave you a ticket for going 1 over the speed limit on to a ramp???????
Old 03-04-2007, 02:54 AM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

Yes, I was doing 5 over 35 in a 30 the ticket is called a basic speed ticket is from 1-9 over posted limit $120 but he said he was writing it as 31 in a 30 or a basic speed ticket "Even 1 over is breaking the law" he said with a glare in his eye he was a real peice of work, so basicly weather your doing 1 or 9 over the limit it's the same $ammount atleast in MN.

Quick Reply: Mustang pull ...